Thursday, August 10, 2006

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL - FROM "BE THE WOMAN GOD CREATED YOU TO BE" BY YOURS TRULY.

OK, I know it sounds like a cliché cos that is what you always hear from your mom or your dad or your best friend, hubby or boyfriend. And they only tell you you’re beautiful cos they have to, as your mom, dad or best friend it’s their “duty” you may even feel this way when your Husband or boyfriend tells you this. Or that’s how you see it anyway, you don’t believe them, never have, never will. So let me put a fresh spin on it for you, Jesus thinks you are beautiful. He created you, and because He is so perfect in every way, everything He creates is perfect too. Psalm 139 verses 13 – 16: For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth’ your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
You see, even though sometimes parents and family members in their ignorance will tell you, you were a “mistake” cos you were conceived out of wed lock, or they may say, “we had to get married cos mom was pregnant” or something like that. They don’t realise that they have made you doubt your reason for being here; they don’t even know that their words have affected you so deeply. But you know what? God does not make mistakes!! You are here for a reason. God has a purpose for your life!! You were created by God on purpose, for a purpose!!
People, who throw away their children or their children's self worth, don’t realize that everything God does, He does for a reason He’s not sitting up there creating babies all willy nilly cos it’s fun! No! He has a purpose for you. He knew you even before you were forming in your mother’s womb; He already has a life planned out for you step by perfectly planned step, and that is why it is so important for you to know just how beautiful you are in His eyes. He created you with your curly brown locks or that dead straight blonde hair or that fiery red hair, and He gave you your blue, green, or brown eyes and your skin colour and the shape of your body. But what is more important to Him than what you look like on the outside is what you look like on the inside. God is interested in your heart, and mind and soul. His desire is to have an intimate relationship with you, He longs to have you spend time with Him and when you do He will draw you closer to Him.

(These are my thoughts that I have been writting down for a while to share with women all over the world. I am in the process of writing a book - and these notes are little snippets from that book. I hope it makes you feel special and inspired, this is the first posting and I will continue with it tomorrow)

12 comments:

Unknown said...

A true reflection of your beauty! I too believe that we were created in God's image therefore in each of us there is that Divine Spark. When you are one with yourself you are one with God - and it doesn't matter what your religion or belief system perceives that God to be. That basic trust and belief in ones self is where it all starts. God's plan for our life is greater than our own wildest dream. Connecting your conscious being with that inner power is, I believe, our greatest mission in life. Parenting our children with that kind of belief in who they are and why they are here is the greatest thing we can do - and it must be done. xoxo

the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Wow, can't wait for the book, that is great! You go girl!!!!! :-)

AngelConradie said...

fabulous b!
but if you post it all here- what are you going to publish?

Brigitte said...

Dawn - Thanks China, I really admire your beauty, it just permeates through eveything and everyone around you.

NMOTB - Me either - it is just taking loooong!!

Angel - Ja, I was thinking about that too, but the Lord really laid it on my heart to sahre some ofthe stuff from it cause alot of ladies out there need to hear it and if we wait for my book, it may just be too late. So, I will still attempt to finish my book, but I really feel this is a great platform for sharing some really important messages. As long somebody is changed or moved in some way by what i write - it doesn't really matter where they read it - as long as it gets through...

A Captured Reflection said...

I would love to read your book, this is a wonderful snippet.

Brigitte said...

Karen - Thanks! I don't know when I will ever get it finished, it is SO much more work that I EVER anticipated...LOL!!!

Masked Rabbit said...

As one of those who was quoted as a "mistake" this is water to the soul and whilst I have already had healing for this in the past - so is therefore just confirmation for me, I am sure this will have touched many others, Spookie.
Great writing and such a message. Women need to hear that they are loved, cherished and wanted by God. We spend an awful lot of energy proving ourselves when we are loved for who we are.
Thanks for this message

Brigitte said...

Bunny - Thats so true - we do need to hear it and be reminded of it often, cause the ways of the world often seems to cloud our memories and our hearts and we forget how much we are loved.

kpjara said...

This is really wonderful and Psalm 139 is my FAVORITE chapter in the Bible! What wonderful reminders of God's great love and thoughts of us.

Thanks for the visit! I'll be back for certain.

Brigitte said...

Welcome!!! I am so happy to see you here. Psalm 139 is definitely a favourite of mine too - but then I have SO many favourites, it's hard to tell which one I like more!

Would you mind if I linked you here?

kpjara said...

Feel free to link me, and I'll do the same! I don't doubt for one second God brought me here for a reason.

Brigitte said...

Kpjara - I have already!! And i definitely feel the same way!