Friday, August 25, 2006

WHAT DO WOMEN NEED?

Now I bet you have all heard it said at some point that men need a "Band of Brothers". Well when I heard this it immediately got me thinking about what us as women need? I spent some time in prayer and thoughtful prayer about this – a few days actually and asked the Lord to show me what kind of sisterhood we could have together as women.
I played with a few ideas and then one day it came to me – and I knew it was the right one. Men need a Band of Brothers and women need a “Medley of Sisters”, this spoke to me in many ways. You see a medley – if you look it up - is a number of different sounds put together to create something that sounds beautiful.
We are unique and each one of us has a different gift and quality which we can bring before our Lord and use to bring glory to Him. But what I was really focusing on was “women building up women”, encouraging each other and being there for each other and I thought that just as medley is made up of different sounds and instruments, that is what a Medley if Sisters should be. When we join our hearts together across the world, through families and friendships and we each bring our own unique “sound” we create a Medley that is pleasing to the Lord. By loving each other and using our gifts and teaching others how to use their special gifts and learning from one another we become a beautiful medley that brings pleasure to our Savior.
Afterall, that is our main objective.
I think that this is a good way of describing the CWO blogring. For those who don’t know this is the Christian Women On Line Blog Ring, which I joined (See their link on the bottom left). The CWO is a group of women who blog, but they do so much more than that. They love each other, support each other and pray for each other and this is what creates a medley.
We can all be part of the Medley of Sisters – in church, on the internet, through friendships, and wherever we go. And people will “hear” our Medley.

I really have such a heart for women and the important role we play in society and everyday life. And I feel very blessed to know so many wonderful christian women who have enriched my life in so many ways, here on the internet and also at church and at home.

So, let me be the first to say – welcome to the “Medley of Sisters”, you are appreciated and loved and your gifts, whatever they may be are important and necessary. I feel blessed and proud to be creating a beautiful sound for Jesus with you.

13 comments:

Masked Rabbit said...

I like the sound of Medley of Sisters. Has a good ring to it. Spookie, your posts are so encouraging.Thank you for having such a heart. I like our little online community we have here, being real with each other and boosting one another. It's great.
Big Hugs
X

kpjara said...

I love the name "Medley of Sisters" and I love how you defined it and why. Could we have MOS as our acro-name and use moss as our group plant...because moss spreads like MAD!

I gladly join with you in this Medley of Sisters and hope that on days I'm a bit 'off key' the others will sing a bit louder to fill in!

Blessings SPookie! I look forward to meeting you in heaven one day if not on this side of eternity on earth!

Brigitte said...

Bunny - I love this on line community too - it really is special. Hugs to you too!!

Kim - I like that acro-name and the MOSS!!! LOL! That's really cool. I shall sing my heart out for you on the days you are a bit off key - gladly!!
Blessings to you too - you're really special. I know we will meet in heaven one day, but who knows, perhaps on earth too... God has many unknown plans for us yet..nudge-nudge,wink-wink :)

AngelConradie said...

yay!
yay!
i'm in a club!
i'm an official member of MOSS!

Tammy said...

Its always good to have satelite sisters that one can connect with!!! Keeps us whole.

Brigitte said...

Angel - ALL ladies are, thats what's so cool about it.

Tammy - Yes it is, and it does. Satelite Sisters, thats cool!!!

the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

That is a really cool post! You are so sweet!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

The beauty of a sisterhood is that you are a sister regardless of your faith and motivation for being there. Sisters somehow find each other and I am thrilled to be part of yours! Have a good week. xoxo

Terri said...

Medley of Sisters - Nice!
:-)

Brigitte said...

NMOB - Thanks - so are you!!

Dawn - Thats right - we find each other and we are there for each other regardless!!

Terri - It's a comfort innit?

Linda said...

Hiya Spookie when you get a chance check out my Saturday post. :)
xoxoxoxo

Soul Reflections said...

That's a great idea! You're so inspiring!

Brigitte said...

Beads - On my way!!

Debra - Thanks! Jesus is my inspiration!!