Wednesday, August 02, 2006

IT IS FREEEEEEZING!!!!!

These pictures were taken at 3:30pm yesterday afternoon. It was raining like mad and it was extremely windy. Today it is even colder with PTA reaching a high of only 9 or 10 degrees celcius. It has been snowing in Johannesburg today and we just heard that it is also snowing in Kempton Park. I cannot remember when last it was this cold. The wind is howling and the clouds are thick and grey. I wish I were at home in my bed with a good movie and cuppa coffee....

I took these pictures with my cell phone from my office window cause I didn't have my camera with me - so they are not of the best quality - but you can get the idea well enough from these as to the weather.




















Can you believe this was 3:30 in the afternoon???





















I sure hope it starts to warm up again soon. And I am wondering if we will be getting snow this side of JHB too.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I caaan't believe it is snowing in Jo'burg!!! THe weather has gone crazy. I am sure you are getting the news of our heat wave. It is so hot and does not feel natural at all. You step outside of an air conditioned environment and it feels like someone left the oven on. I think we should all start paying more attention to what Leo Di Caprio is trying to tell us.
Stay warm china! xoxox

AngelConradie said...

i'm at home and freezing my ass off! its almost too cold to surf... almost!

Unknown said...

It would therefore be a bad idea to tell you that it was lovely and warm here today. Ok I didn't mention that and you didn't read it ;)

gail said...

And my best friend who came from Joburg says that the weather is better over there than Oz. We've had constantly mild winter weather with a drought and we live in southern Oz.
I'll have to rub it in and show her these pics tomorrow!!!
Love to you Spookie, Gail

A Captured Reflection said...

Brrr. Makes me feel chilly looking at those pics. We've had some really cold days, but today has that 'hint of spring someday soon' look about it.

Brigitte said...

Dawn - Yea, and someone left the friggin fridge open here!!! You can't be lieve it's snowing - I, cant believe it's snowing!!! Sheesh, the weather is just going crazy on us here. There was even a tornado in Dullstroom !!! Fot the wuck!!! This is too much...

Angel - Ja, with this wind you should find some pretty big waves - ARE YOU CRAZY!!!!

Gareth - Uuum, sorry, what was that - I didn't quite get that...

Gail - The weather is better - ag, whom I kidding - it sucks at the moment!!

Karen - Yip, we had "some o those days" over the weekend - to the weather I say: ha ha, very funny!! Get our hopes up and then turn on us like that...