Monday, August 07, 2006

SHOPPING SPREES, FAMILY VISITS AND MORE!!

Had a really lekka weekend!! I visited with family, did some shopping, watched a movie, went to gym....
Let me start at the beginning.
On Friday night Madam fetched me and the boys and we went to visit with my Aunt and Uncle who came down from a small little dorpie called Komgat (I think that's how it's spelled) in the Cape. We had a loveley meal of soups and bread which my Aunt made, it was divine!! And then we sat and chatted and laughed and took photos (see my Just Photos blog). It was a fun evening - and I was so happy that Madam was able to join us cause she lives quite far and has a long way to drive.

On Saturday my friend Linda came to visit with her little girl Jessie. She is pregnant with baby no. 2, Sarah, and she looks fabulous. Jessie is so cute and enjoyed the cookies I was giving her. She is so little and dainty, with the biggest blue eyes! She looked alot like her daddy when she was small, but now she looks JUST like her mommy, she is just too sweet. Oh and I phoned my God daughter for her birthday, she turned 5 on Saturday.

Then on Saturday afternoon Happy took me shopping. At first I didn't really want him to go with me cause I know shopping is not really his idea of fun, he is not fond of shopping malls cause he works in them all day and he just wants to get finished and go home. And I don't like to rush my shopping cause then I buy without fitting and I end up getting a whole bunch of things I don't like.
But as it turned out - having him around was very useful. He has a good eye and picks out really pretty stuff, and he was very patient while I tried things on and checked out colours and sizes and all that. He never rushed me, and thanks to him I came home with clothing that I love and that all fits and looks good.
Ok, I bought 2 pairs of jeans (1 size smaller than I always wore - YAY YAY!!), 3 pretty summary, spring time types of tops, one white/creamy coloured polar neck top a long black jersey and my favourite item a suede leather jacket!! I have never owned a leather jacket and this one is stunning!! It was on a 50% off sale!! I could not believe my luck. And all thanks to Happy - he spotted the jackets, I would never have dreamed of even looking at a leather jacket. I also bought underware that is big enough to fit two of me in - I don't know how that happend!! But it was really funny when I took them out of the box to pack them away!!

Then on Saturday night Sis and myself and a friend of ours D and two other ladies went out for our usual Ladies Movie Night which happens once a month. We were ALL looking frward to watching Pirates of the Carribbeadn - but all the shows were sold out!! So we watched The Breakup - which I must admit was pretty good. I did enjoy it - but I am sure I would have enjoyed Pirates more!! After that we went out for coffee at Seattle and we stayed until the staff flashed the lights to hint for us to leave. We never realised it was that late.

On Sunday morning me and the boys we were off to church and after church we went to the fruit and veg shop and then to gym! Happy and I slept for about an hour after that and spent the evening at home. I watched Enemy Of The State, which I have seen before, but I love Wil Smith - so I watched it again.

Today is back to work - blegh!! And I am looking forward to the public holiday on Wednesday. A midweek break!! WOOHOO !!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Spookie, Sounds like you had a lekker weekend!! You see I never remember these ladies movee nights and your sister can like to have forgotten about me - cause I forgot!! and I was home on Saturday night wondering what to do with myself - It's a wonder I remember to get up in the morning!!

Anonymous said...

I meant that A should have just reminded me ( I am totally hopeless at remembering anything).

Brigitte said...

Forgetful One - Ag man... what a pity, we missed you. And it's funny you know cause I thought about you a few times throughout the evening... it was weird. Next time I will phone you on the day of the movie - or Sis will, cause you might just be siting at home again with nothing to do. It will just be so "complete" with you there too.

Unknown said...

Dorpie = village/town right?? Or am I just doppy :p

Glad you had fun during the past weekend and yes I know what you mean with starting a new working week - blahhhh!
Public holiday on Wednesday - what is that for?

Going to look at the pics now .....

Linda said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. :)
I got to shop for food and a car part. lol

Kelly said...

Did you get to take a nap in there somewhere? Glad to hear that you had a great weekend, I hope your week is just as fun.

Brigitte said...

Gareth - You're pretty good hey!! Yes, that's what a "dorpie" is - lol! The public holiday on Wednesday is "Women's Day" - pretty cool hey. It would be even better though if only the women got to have the day off and the men still had to go to work.

Beads - Shopping is still shopping - right???

Myutopia - Only for about an hour, but I never really manage to nap in the day - unless I am exhausted!!! I hope my week is fun too - that would be a nice change!

AngelConradie said...

love the clothes, enjoyed the movie & supper on friday night!
love you madly!

TheTart said...

Sound like fun & good for you about the jeans!!!

Smooch,
The Tart
; )

Unknown said...

Spooks - I have never heard of Komgat. When you translate it, you can't help wondering what the town planner was thinking. I am amazed that after such a short time of LALALA-ing, you are a whole size down - that is fantastic. Well done! Enjoy the clothes and if you ended up with fat chick panties, you can donate them to me. Did you buy your undies at Woolies - still nowhere in the world to beat their quality. I'm so glad you had a lekker naweek after the stress of the week before! Have a good one again. Love You. xoxo

Soul Reflections said...

What a joy! Thanks for sharing.

Brigitte said...

Angel - love you too!!!

Sweet Tart - Thanks!! I am thrilled I can tell ya!

Dawn - It is pronounced "Koemga" and until they moved there I had never heard of it either, like the place in the Transvaal somewhere called "All Days" I only heard of this place a few years ago and had NO idea before then that it even existed. Well, it's been 28 days of LALALA-ing, and eating right, I still eat the foods I love, like mac and cheese, potatoes, pastas etc - I just eat that (my main meal) in the day and not at night. And I have been having LOTS of salads and fruit and less - practically NO sugar. It pays off I tell ya, it surely does!! I bought those ginamonormous undies at Woolies - but I swear they had the wrong size in them, it was so funny. Their qlty is by far the best and the only place I will by undies from, next time though - I think I will open the box before actually paying for them and taking them home - LOL!!!

Debs - ;o)

Unknown said...

Thanks for that - the pronounciation makes it sound a bietjie beter. I had a friend who moved to Knysna (no Woolies there at the time) from Joeys. One day I was talking to her on the phone at work and she said, "Oops sorry - we all observe a moment's silence when the Woolie's supply trucks drive past!" I think that would be my first shopping destination if I ever come back - next stop ... Truworths! xoxo

Brigitte said...

Dawn - You will have to stop off there!! But Truworths just aint what it used to be hey, I don't shop there anymore. Maybe it's just me, who knows!!

kpjara said...

What does 'lekka' mean!

Brigitte said...

LOL!!! It means: Fun, cool, yummy... a whole range of things!! It is an Afrikaans term that us English South Affies have adopted as part of our language!!

kpjara said...

I love that word! It reminds me of "lech'" but it's a "good word"!

Thanks for teaching me something new!