Tuesday, August 29, 2006

WORK, WEEKEND AND HORSEY NEWS...

An update on Madam:
Madam has had scans and sonar’s every day since being in hozzies – they have found her bladder is damaged and will check her kidneys now too. They want to try and see if her coccyx is maybe cracked as well because she is in such pain when moving. Please keep her in your prayers!



Howdy Howdy all you all!!

Just a very quick hello and update on stuff. So "HELLO!!" he he...

No seriously, the lady who works with me and shares my work load has resigned and has found a wonderful new job and is going on a really exciting new venture with her husband and children - so coodies to her!! The thing is, I now have double my work load to cope with cause my company will not be filling her position with anyone. That means less bloggy time and all that. I am a bit stressed at the moment cause I don't know how I am going to cope with all the work - but I am sure the Lord will help me and keep me going and help me keep up. Please keep me in your prayers in that sense.

Then about my weekend. I brought my camera to download photies - but forgot the cable at home!! I know, I know - but I will bring it tomorrow and as soon as I can I will put pictures up on my photo bloggy for you all. Anyway, we went horseriding on Sunday with my WHOLE family and for me this was a total first, alone on a horse for an entire hour!! It was thrilling and exciting and I was scared at first. But I really enjoyed it - my butt almost didn't survive and it is still recovering and last night at gym, the excercise bike was not a very pleasant reminder for my poor behind of the agony from Sunday.
As usual though, you cannot take my family anywhere without drama of some sort. Halfway through the ride my sister took her horse out into an open feild for a run and so my hubby took his horse too - but his horsey got a bug in it's bum about Madams horsey and bolted full throttle straight for it. They collided and Madam was thrown from her horse in the "crash". She has a fractured pelvis and a dislocated finger and a concussion. My dad took her for a check up when we got back to her house and the hospital promptly admitted her and she is still there. They say she will need a 6 to 8 week recovery time and will probaby be on crutches for about 2 months. She has a bit of blood in her urine - which can happen with a pelvic fracture cause the bloodvessels bleed internally and she is in terrible pain. She has been put on a morphine drip and a cathetar and she will probably be there for a few more days. The thing that makes me sad is that she is SO far away. I cannot just pop in after work to visit her cause it is about an hours drive to the hospital and tha same time back. Happy said we will go and see her soon. I wish I could go and stay with her to help her and comfort her as much as possible.
Happy has a very sore leg and a blue toe nail from the "crash" cause his right side was shmooshed between the two horses and he is hobbling around too. I am just so thankful that neither of them were injured too seriously - it could have been alot worse.

Anyway my dear bloggerflies!! I shall try to post as often as I can - but I will be popping in to visit you all more regularly than I post - I think...
We'll see how it goes.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear about your sister and Happy's accidents! Not so happy horsey!!! I know from my broken shoulder how painful this stuff can be - ouch, the pelvis - not nice. Prayers for a full and speedy recovery. Good luck with the workload. God never gives you anything you can't handle. xox

Masked Rabbit said...

Hey Spookie,
Sorry to hear that a funfilled day ended badly for your sis and Happy. Prayers for them both at this end and also for you with your job increase in workload. I know what that's like.

Thanks for your comment today. I really appreciated it.

kpjara said...

Sorry for the increased workload and I'm SO glad the horseback riding injuries weren't too severe...though that's quite a while for recovery!

Don't work too hard, remember to breathe and we'll pray for you daily!

Brigitte said...

Dawn - Thanks Dawn,all prayers are welcome! As I mentioned in my "update" the doctors have fond that she has damage to her bladder as well so now they are going to check her kidneys and her coccyx - they suspect it may be cracked too. So she is still ibn hospital and feeling very sad - specailly as she is such a long distance away from us all. :(

Bunny - Thanks for all the prayers, we really need them - and me for my work load, you do know what that's like. Oh, and you are welcome! ;o)

Kim - Thanks hun, I will need the prayers. Mostly for Madam (horse ride faller offer) than anything else right now - my heart really longs to be with her and it is really hard not to be able to go to her.

Unknown said...

Oh Spooks - this is very upsetting news. I really hope things don't get too complicated. I have no doubt you will be there whenever you can. Wishing her very well with lots of love and good vibes and hugs and get better soentjies. Yislaaik man, you okes sommer just went on a family jol - what a bummer (no pun intended ... horse ride faller offer!!!). Big hugs. xoxoxxo

L said...

Hi Spookie I left a comment earlier and blogger decided to keep it.

When I was 18 a horse bucked me off and I factured my pelvic bone so I know what she is going thru I spent 30 days on crutches it is very painful my thoughts and prayers are with her and your family.

AngelConradie said...

i also wish she was closer- i feel terrible that i can't go and see her!
if she's home, then i'm going to her to play nursemaid and make sure she stays in bed on saturday. i'll be back in time for movies on saturday night.

TheTart said...

Best wishes on a healthy recovery!

Smooch,
The Tart
; )

Soul Reflections said...

Oh dear. What an adventure! Hopeful for a full recovery!

the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Hi Spooks, that is awful and I hope the two of them recover quickly. I will be thinking and praying for you and I am sure you will be able to cope with the extra workload. So if they are not replacing her are they atleast giving you her salary, seeing that you must do her work? All the best to sister C and happy!!!!!!

Brigitte said...

Dawn - I am trusting that this is "as bad as it gets", now that we know what the damage is she can begin to recover. JA! A total bummer hey! Maar nou ja, I just know she will be better soon. Thanks for the love and vibes and stuff, I will be sure to pass it on to her.

Lori - Naughty blogger - that's happened to me too before. 30 days! Thats a lifetime...thank you for your thoughts and prayers!! {{hug}}

Angel - Maybe I can come with you. I can leave marke at home and bring Donovan, Sean is going fishing. Then he can play outside and we can spoil our lil sis a bit...

Sweet Tart - Thank you, I will be sure to pass on all the well wishes to her, I know she will appreciate them.

Debs - Thanks Debra, I trust that she will fully recover.

NMOTB - Happy is already doing much better and as much as I am asking him to he wont go for x-rays, says it's just the muscle...
I think I should be able to cope too - I plan to speak to them about my salary. I am just waiting for the right time.
Thanks for your prayers and well wishes. I just know Madam can feel them where she is.

A Captured Reflection said...

Prayers are with you too Spookie, from NZ too.