Monday, August 14, 2006

HIS LOVING ARMS

Loving Arms
If you could see me now
The one who said that she’d rather roam
The one who said she’d rather be alone
If you could only see me now…

If I could hold you now
Just for a moment if I could really make you mine
Just for a while turn back the hands of time
If I could only hold you now

I been too long in the wind
Too long in the rain,
Taking any comfort that I can.
Looking back and a longing for
The freedom of my chains
Lying in Your arms again
I can almost feel Your arms again

If you could hear me now
Singing somewhere through the lonely night
Dreaming of the arms that held me tight
If you could only hear me now

I been too long in the wind
Too long in the rain,
Taking any comfort that I can.
Looking back and a longing for
The freedom of my chains
Lying in Your arms again
I wanna be lying in your arms, again…

When I stopped By Kpjara at Can You Hear Me Now the title of her blog kept coming back to me and it reminded me of this song which Olivia Newton John sang many, many years ago. And it reminded me so much of how many of us feel sometimes in our relationship with the Lord. I know I was there a few years ago – in the wind and the rain seeking comfort in all the wrong places and still feeling a longing in my soul. All the time that I was being blown around by the winds of the world the Lord never left me – I chose to roam from Him and go it alone and in doing so I felt far away from him, like I would never find my way back. And I felt like I was saying Can you hear me Lord? when I prayed and Can You see me Lord? when I cried or stumbled, and all the time I was just longing to be back in His arms – longing for and remembering His loving arms that held me which I left and strayed from.
The amazing thing is that when I decided to come in from the wind and the rain and seek Him out, it wasn’t long before He drew me into His loving arms again and held me there so close I could feel His breath on my cheek, and that is where I have stayed, growing steadily stronger in His love, and when I do venture out, He comes with me holding my hand.

I have never gone anywhere without Him again, and I never will.

16 comments:

kpjara said...

There's nothing in the world like the loving arms that hold us!

I love that He can hear me even when I felt so unheard everywhere else!

Unknown said...

I love how you share and spread your bliss, Spooks. xoxo

AngelConradie said...

oooh- lovely work spookie!

Masked Rabbit said...

Beautiful. I know what you mean.
Great encouraging post.

Soul Reflections said...

...loverly...

gail said...

That song, sung by Kris Kristofferson, takes me way back Spookie.

I feel so much that " I've been too long in the wind too long in the rain." emotionally and I am tired.

Thanks again for the encouragment you give.
love Blue

Brigitte said...

Kpjara - No there is nothing like those loving arms. And it is amazing that He hears and sees everything - and still wants to wrap us in His arms.

Dawn - I love you and your wonderful comments you always leave.

Angel - Thanks :)

Bunny - Just for you Bunny!

Debs - Thanks...

Blue - Also just for you - come on in out of the wind and the rain. It's time.

gail said...

You are *special* Spookie!!!

Unknown said...

Spooks - spent time on your flickr last night - can we not just eat Nathan up in that space suit - and I think it should be HOT HAPPY! Have a blessed day my friend. xox

Brigitte said...

Dawn - Thats cool!! Ja, I could eat him up anyway - he's just getting so cute!! And thanks - he has his moments. Now he's getting all buff from gyming and he's looking really good!!

Brigitte said...

Blue - And you my friend are special too. ;)

DP's mom said...

There was absolutely no better day for me to read this than today. I just love the way you wrote with complete honesty about how you strayed from God. I think everyone does at some point. Well, I won't say "everyone"...we'll go with "most people". Regardless, it's finding that when you find Him again, you realize things would have been much easier with Him all along.

I battle with this "journey" myself at the moment. I'm angry with God, and I'm hurt. But yet I still listen to my local Christian radio station at work daily. I know He's there...but I've been ignoring Him somewhat. I'm growing closer and closer...and hearing your own personal journey has helped. Thank you for sharing!!! :-)

Brigitte said...

Deandra - Usually when we stray from God it is our choice. Something has happened and we feel unworthy of returning to Him or like you we feel angry at God. If you bring these feeling before Him and tell Him what it is that is making you angry you will soon see that He holds no grudge and that He is waiting for you to let go of that anger you are holding onto so that He can once again hold you close too. Anger and unforgiveness in our hearts is like taking a slow poison, it kills our spirits slowly and painfully - but if we let go and lay it down at the feet of Jesus - even anger at Him, frees us of this agony and pain. He loves YOU Deandra, and He is waiting for you to return to Him.
I will be praying for you and I trust you will soon be back in His loving arms again.

Kelly said...

I like the song/poem.

David Edward said...

hearing your heart - and feeling your devotion to God is so refreshing

Brigitte said...

David - Hi, and welcome!!, and thank you...