Friday, August 18, 2006

DRAW YOUR SWORDS SOLDIERS....

Ok, who has seen Braveheart? Everyone right? You know that seen before a big battle where Mel Gibson runs up and down on horseback before the ranks with his fierce blue warpaint on and he is exciting his men by shouting out loud and telling them that they will fight with all their heart, and he gets them all going and ready for battle and worked up?

Well what he was doing was called "Beserking" every army in those days had what were called "Beserkers" and these men would do just this - they would get their army so riled up and ready for battle that the soldiers would be literally chomping at the bit to get to the enemy.

Well, thats what our army needs. The army of the Lord needs a handful of people who see themselves as "Beserkers". I am now going to attempt to do some Beserking here today and get you all back into the spirit of battle!! I get excited at the thought of going into battle for my King! We need to be always ready to take up our swords - our double edged swords, and put on our armor and step out onto the battle feild!
"We have heard the thunder, and we have seen the storm, echo's of Your Kingdom coming, rumours of our home - where one day we will stand before the Lord, our altogether beautiful reward" - words by tree 63.
He is our King and deserves our everything. For we know that the war has already been won! Christ dying on the cross has vanquished sin and death - but we know that there are still battles to be fought. And us, men and women are soldiers - each one of us. We are spirit filled and powerful. For the Kingdom has suffered violence - and violent men take hold of it!! If we are to advance the Kingdom and see our inheritance we are going to have to be spiritually violent!!

So I call on all of you now and I dare you, yes, I dare you - to raise your sword high up in the air, and just as in Judges 7:20 when the soldiers cried out, they shouted out LOUD "A sword for the LORD and for Gideon!" and all their enemy's army ran and fled!! And just as the Isrealites shouted in victory and they shouted in faith when the walls of Jericho came tumbling down - raise your voice and with the sounds of high praises we will advance the Kingdom....

DO YOU BELIEVE THE WAR HAS BEEN WON??
DO YOU BELIVE THAT WE CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS US??
DO YOU HAVE FAITH IN THE LEADER OF OUR ARMY??

THEN LEAP UP ON YOUR FEET RIGHT NOW AND WITH YOUR SWORD DRAWN AND YOUR VOICE LOUD FOLLOW THE KING ONTO THE BATTLE FEILD AND ON -


TO VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

How can you lose with such spirit? I now have a much better understanding of where the saying, "I went completely beserk!" comes from. Enjoy your journey on your quest my tjomma! xoxo

Masked Rabbit said...

Hey you,
Wow, stirring stuff. I think my berserking got up and went earlier in the week. But this made me smile and yes, I think we do need more berserkers. Keep telling us girl!!!

Kelly said...

Kind of like cheerleaders...:)

Soul Reflections said...

That's what I'M talking about! Only through and for Him will we be able to succeed and take the promised land. Hurray! Thanks for the post

AngelConradie said...

way cool sis, you're getting really good at this!
so did you do the whole blue paint thing- musta scared the bejeebers outta your colleagues!

gail said...

Spookie this has inspired me to write a post from a book that we are studying called"Waking the Dead"-The Glory of a Heart Fully Alive. It talks about warring for each othet and calls God the "God of the angel armies"
I can visualise them going "berserk" and rallying to fight for and with us.

L said...

Hi Spookie!

A Captured Reflection said...

Great post Spookie. This is one of my favourite movies and also God speaks to me often about 'taking up the sword', so I was fascinated to read about the roots of 'berserking'! I've been thinking about this post for a couple of days now.

Brigitte said...

Dawn - The journey is still long - but I am looking forward to it.

Bunny - Hey! I shall do my best to continue trying to go beserk!! LOL

Myutopia - Yes, only a little fiercer..

Debra - AMEN!!

Angel - Actually, spiritually yes I did! It helps for the fierce battle look you are going for if you look the part. And I think war paint and war cries are part of the beserkers job!

Blue - Sounds exciting!! I look forward to reading it.

Lori - HI!!!

Karen - Glad to have inspired some thoughts there and to get you keen to take up your sword again!