Thursday, August 03, 2006

MIFFED, DISGUSTED AND EXTREMELY PEEVED

I am so cross at the moment that I don’t even have words to express how I feel without swearing and cursing and I don't want to do that So I will express how i feel in the most civil way I can. I can feel the resentment and irritation like a black swirling mass in the pit of my stomach and I have the bad taste of copper pennies in my mouth. Why am I so miffed? Because people at the place where I work steal. I can make a short list of things that have been stolen from me here at work in the past 8 years.

- A tablecloth which was hand-painted by a lady who worked with me and was a wedding present from her to me, a one of a kind original hand made gift – stolen from my office.
- Sunglasses – stolen out of my office!!
- Money – stolen out of my office!!
- A travel mug which was a birthday present from my brother which was a beautiful blue with a Bible verse on it. – stolen from the kitchen cupboard. The tea lady put it away after she had washed it for me cause I had used it in the car on the way to work and it was dirty – when it came to home time, it was gone. I only used it once.
- And on a number of occasions – food.

Today I have had it!! My food was stolen again. Now I know it is not much – I know that, but it sure leaves a bad taste in one’s mouth (like copper pennies). It has happened SO often – and not only to me. But today with the lousy weather we have been having and all that, I am just in no mood to come down at tea time to discover that what I brought, took time to make for myself and pack and bring to work with me, is gone – well that just ruins my day, my mood everything!

On Monday our Production manager caught a guy from the factory in his office putting his laptop under his coat!! Caught him red handed!!! Man I wish I could have – just once – caught someone taking my stuff!! It must be such a good feeling. I can just imagine. It must feel SO lekka!!! To know that that person is not going to get away with it.

One lady was robbed of R400 out of her bag in her office, and a bracelet she had in her bag. Another lady was robbed of her cell phone which was also in her office too.
I cannot take it !!! I am so fed up right now that all I wanna do is go home. It might just be food to some – but to me, it is the final straw. What can I do about it? Sweet Fanny Adams!!! – Nothing, nada, zip, ziggalofokkol, zero. If I don’t have proof – then I have nothing. I have suspicions as to who the thieves are, but how – HOW, I ask you with tears in my baby blue eyes, do I prove any of it!!!!!

Ok, so I swore once - so what!!!

And now I have a headache...

(PS: If you go to my Photo Blog you can see Snow Photos.... this is why we have been freezing in JHB and PTA)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooooo I can so relate to your anger. Over a period of a few months I was having money stolen from my car and home-office. I too had my strong suspicions about a certain visiting teenager to my home but as you say, without proof - you can't do anything. It is also very hard to work out where to spend the angry energy. You feel totally invaded and like you want to throttle someone. I would throw a tantrum like a six year old when it happened. I hope sharing it with us helped you calm down and I'm sorry you've lost things of sentimental value - that's the worst! Feel better and stay warm. xoxox

AngelConradie said...

urgh! makes me wanna spit!
i'm so sorry its happened again.
can't your management do something about it- like cameras or something?
i hope you feel better later...

Kelly said...

I am so sorry that, that happend to you!

the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

I work for a Security Company and things are stolen there on a daily basis - We know who it is but our Management just dont actually give a shit, cause they are "untouchable" No Proof - Too Bad! I have even found stuff that gets stashed in the drawers in the kitchen (surely proof enough) but nope once again they are a protected specie and that is why they get away with it! You see I am getting all worked up again! Urgh!

A Captured Reflection said...

Grrr. Perhaps you should take in a bunch of Bibles, verses and plant them around the place. The thieves may get much more than they bargain for.

Been thinking of you today, how is the weather doing?

Soul Reflections said...

Sorry, Spookie. I took it!

Bless those who curse you.
If your enemy needs a shirt, give him your jacket (pp w/my words).

I know it's hard to forgive those who come against you but you must. This is the day of grace (compassion). If you pray to God FOR THEM, He will forgive them their sins because of your prayer and supplication. Just think how much Jesus suffered for OUR sins. Watch and see how God moves in their lives once you start to prayer for them specifically. God is surely up to something in your life. Let Him get the Glory. God bless your day.

Brigitte said...

Dawn - Ranting here always helps.

Angel - Management is working on cameras - the kitchen just hasn't got any yet. But it will happen.

Myutopia - Thanks. :)

NMOTB - Yip, I know it happens everywhere. Didn't mean to get you all worked up.

Karen - Hee - good idea actually. My mug did have a verse on it, maybe it will mean somethng to someone somewhere.

Debs - I have forgiven the person whoever he/she is, and I do pray for them. I know there are peole here who are borderline poverty and I know how that feels too, hubby and I have come through very difficult years. I just know I can vent here and get everything off my heart without hurting anyone. And in a country like ours where crime is so in your face, we tend to get a bit miffed at these things. Thanks for reading my rant - lol, and thanks for the reminder. God bless you too!!!

Terri said...

I know how you feel sweetie. I bought windchimes last time I was home in SA 2 1/2 years ago and finally had a place to hang them at my new house. They were up a week and now they're GONE!
I'm so p*ssed off I could scream. I also think I know who did it but I just don't think I can accuse someone of stealing in case I'm wrong.

We'll steam together ok?

Brigitte said...

Terri - That's really lousy specially when it is something special like that was. And i know how you feel about accusing without evidence. Sorry bout that Terri. We can definitely steam together. ;o)