Monday, October 02, 2006

OVERWHELMED...


WOW!! Is about all I can say about the week I just had. There are no words to describe the intensity of it all. The learning, the hard work and everything else – it was simply overwhelming. In fact, I am still trying to just let it all sink in. I am completely changed from the inside. I will never be the same person again. I was stretched, convicted, ministered to, and loved – and the fellowship… well, there is no way to describe it.
Let me see if I can give you at least a little something of what it was like for me.

As a member of the choir and worship team, I had to be there earlier than the rest of the people from the church that were going. Three days earlier. There were two choirs, each one of about 60+ people, situated on each side of the HUGE stage. There were 4 “bands” with separate worship leaders for each band. The stage included a String section, Wind section, Percussion, TWO keyboards, one with about 4 levels and one ordinary one, electric guitars, base guitars, 3 backup vocalists and TWO lead worshippers with a plug in acoustic guitar each! Now each band would come and do a bit of practicing and we (the choirs, and the string and wind sections) would practice with them. Each band would then go off for the rest of the day after their practicing time was done, or they would be “off” until they had to come in to practice. But the choir would be there ALL day cause we had to practice with each band. All in all I think that in two and a half days we did about 18 hours of practicing. It was exhausting, on my voice and my feet – but I will do it again in a heartbeat. We then had to be at the hall and hour before the doors opened to practice a little more. So there was no lying in a bit in the mornings…
I got to know the people in my choir very well and got quite attached to them. They are a very special group of people, of all ages and races.

When we had to leave on Friday – it was a very emotional and tearful goodbye. You feel like you want to go home – but you kinda want to take it all home with you…
When I got home on Friday I was emotionally, spiritually and physically exhausted, and on the verge of tears ALL the time. I was completely overwhelmed.

I am happy to be back, and I am definitely going again next year.

Check out my Flickr for photos!!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Cool! I use to sing in a choir, I really miss it.

kpjara said...

Sounds wonderful AND exhausting!

Brigitte said...

Marge - It was wonderful. In fact I hope our church has a choir someday - I would love to lead it...

Kim - Oh it was both of those - to the fullest extreme!!! But I will definitely do it again.

Anonymous said...

Hey there Spookie,

so good to hear about your encounter with the Lord. It always does us good to get away from our daily grind and just expose ourselves soley to God and let him have an closer look at us and we, Him.

Glad to have you back!

AngelConradie said...

wow sis, it sounds absolutely incredible. it reminds me a little of the church nd youth camps we went on as kids... i admit i often miss that sharing and that feeling of belonging that i used to feel.

Brigitte said...

Ally - Yes, it is good, I love the way you put it.

Angel - You now it was just incredible....sigh...I have no words really to explain. Maybe you should come with me next year...just a thought...