Wednesday, October 25, 2006

DON'T BE AFRAID

What are you afraid of? What are your deepest fears that you never even talk about?
I used to be afraid of going to jail. I know it sounds funny - but I was terrified I would do something or screw up in some major way and end up doing time. Silly I know, but there it is. I don't fear that anymore, lol. I do have a terrible fear of confrontation. This one I am still working on, it's a very difficult one to beat - trust me. I am so afraid of confrontation that when I have to confront somebody on something my mouth gets dry, my heart beats so hard and so fast, my mind races, I cannot get my thoughts or words to make any sense and I get the shakes. It is crippling, and confrontation is actually such an important thing to be able to do. But God is working me through it, and I know I am getting better. The other day one lady at work was very rude to me and put the phone down in my ear. So I phoned her back and told her - nicely, but firmly - that there was no reason to be so rude, and she hung up again. Lemme tell you, phoning her back that one time was a HUGE accomplishment for me. Huge. I didn't phone her again, but I know God was testing me to see how far I would take it. Well I wimped out. But I know I will get on top of this thing one day, and then I will be a force to be reckoned with.

Any way, the point I actually trying to make here is that in Christ we don't need to fear anything. You see the enemy (satan) uses fear to trick us into believing we are powerless. I mean I used to be so afraid of spiders that even if there were pictures of them in a book or magazine I wouldn't be able to read any further. I would just freeze up or freak out. But when I had the revelation one day that God put us on earth in control of EVERYTHING I realised how silly my fear was. I mean how much more scarier am I to that poor lil spider??
And so God removed my fear - without my even realising it. I only realised I wasn't scared anymore the next tme I came across a spider. I was fine. Now, I don't go around picking them up or "loving" them - that's Angels favourite thing to do, but I don't freak out the way I used to. And it's wonderful to have that kind of revelation. If you read Psalm 91, you will see it is Psalm of protection, and that God will give His angels charge over you. When we live in Christ we need not fear anything. Go and read that Psalm - it is actually so amazing.

Fear can come between us and God's plan for us if we allow it too. I know how it feels when God suddenly has a message that He wants me to share - or a song He wants me to sing - if I am too afraid to go up or speak up and do it, then He cannot use me, and He will use someone else. But if I am bold and I obedient and I share what He has layed on my heart - then someone who needed to hear what I am sharing will be blessed by it, and I will be used more and more effectively by God.

I know that all my fears will soon be gone from me, my fear of confrontaion especially - and when it is, then I will be able to do God's will far more effectively than I have been able to up until now. Ask God to show you what yor fears are - and then ask Him to help you get over it and become stronger, He gave us the holy Spirit to do all these things through, lets take hold of the power He has given to us and lets advance God's kingdom. Without any fear.

So, don't be afraid. Be bold and be strong, for the Lord thy God is with you!!

7 comments:

kpjara said...

It reminds me of ALL the Scriptures that start out:

"Fear NOT..."

Kelly said...

I am always afriad I will run our of gas because my gas gauge doesn't work right. Right now I am afraid the people we are buying the house from wont get out in time.

AngelConradie said...

heh heh- i may not be afraid of spiders- but i am TRULY terrified of something happening to damien. maybe its the little bit of a writer in me- but i almost ALWAYS imagine the worst... illness, crime, accident...

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I can relate there. A fear of confrontation is something I have too. I tend to clam up and back off, and I know God is challenging me on this, in fact your blog entry was a confirmation to me as I'd been talking to God about this exact same subject.

I used to be afraid of wasps, big time, couldn't care less now. Hurray. I think it took being 'stung' recently to take away the fear - it wasn't as bad as I'd feared.

Brigitte said...

Kim - Yes. me too.

Marge - They'll get out. Don't worry.

Angel - Yes, I know. Which is why I say read that Psalm, it's amazing!!

Karen - We will work on it together. When I have managed to confront someone on something I will let you know - and vise verse, then we can encourage each other to keep going and growing. Hows that?
I am still a bit wary of wasps. Never been stung, so ja, I can relate to that one too. LOL!!

gail said...

Spookie,I celebrated you nephews win with Angel!! That was great.
I'll join the non-confronting club!! I find speaking up for myself so difficult but God is helping me to grow in that area too.It is great that we have the Holy Spirit to work in us and enable us to be strong.

P.S. for some reason I can now obviously post on your blog again!!

Brigitte said...

Blue - YAY GAIL!!! So god to see you here again. I just know we will become strong and be able to confront people slowly but surely.