Monday, October 02, 2006

TO SHARE A LITTLE...

What did I learn from this LTT? Let me give a little testimony…

First of all, I was healed!! God healed me of the headaches I always suffered from so terribly. On the very first day of the actual LTT, Monday afternoon, Tyrone prayed for healing, for everyone. I didn’t even notice that I was healed until the next day!! LOL! Usually, every night before bed I take headache pills, but on Monday night I didn’t – I just went straight to bed. And on Tuesday – after the worship practice I was just chilling in the stands when I suddenly realized I didn’t have a headache, and I remembered that I hadn’t taken meds either!!! I just give God all the glory for healing me – I didn’t even ask to be healed, but he did it anyway!! And I haven’t taken headache pills since then. WOOHOO!!

Now to get a little deeper… time to get out the tissues ladies…

On day two, Tyrone was making points on the Signs of Success, of being a Christian. His 8th point was Being Submitted. And God spoke straight to my heart and what He said really made me rethink who I in Christ and what people see when they are in my company. Especially my family. He said that if I am not completely submitted to Him – 100% - all of me, submitted, that I will not see salvations in my family. I am the one they look to for an example of a Christian, and if they do not see a person totally sold out to Jesus, then they will not see Jesus in me. If I don’t give everything of myself to Him – and I hold on to parts for me, it will show and they will say “Ja, you know, she’s saved and all, but look at how she does this, or that. And listen to how she speaks sometimes…” etc, etc. And that was why, on the last day – Friday, Tyrone spoke again and his message really hit me hard. He preached on “What do THEY see?” They being everyone I come into contact with. And He also spoke on having Vision, for your life, your church (If you are a leader) and a vision for your marriage. I can tell you when he spoke of a vision for your marriage, I must have been the only woman in a hall of 5 000 people who was brought to tears. I was so ministered to by God that I couldn’t help but cry, He spoke to my heart so plainly – I mean, I have always had a vision for my marriage, but I never really included God in my vision. After Tyrone preached we had to go back to our choir stands as he wanted to sing “Be Thou My Vision”, needless to tell you all, I couldn’t sing – I stood in my choir stand with huge tears rolling down my cheeks when I read and listened to the words of this hymn. It was as if I was hearing it for the first time. God really spoke to my heart and I know now my life will never be the same. With God as my Vision – the question of my character and what will “they” see will be a woman who is completely sold out to Jesus Christ.

7 comments:

the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Wow, that is a truly amazing story Spooks! Glad to hear that you enjoyed it so. Welcome Back!

Kelly said...

What a great post! I am so very glad to hear that your headaches have been taken from you, what a blessing!

Soul Reflections said...

Awesome Spookie! Praise God for your healing!

kpjara said...

I am so thrilled for you friend! It really sounds so wonderful. I know God will honor this vision...and HALLELUJAH on the healing too!

Brigitte said...

NMOTB - It is amazing!! And thanks ;o)

Marge - It is a wonderful blessing!! You have NO idea!!

Debra - I do praise Him!! He is wonderful.

Kim - HALLELUJAH!!! in deed!! It's about all I can say...

Erna - WELCOME!! It's good to have you visit. It is an important question to ask yourself. And I know that none of us reflect God's image all the time - we are only human, but if we really become aware of it and see ourselves the way others would, it can become something that can change in your life. And then your reflection of Jesus will become just a little brighter. :o)

AngelConradie said...

wow- no more headaches- what an amazing blessing!
how incredible for you to hear god's voice so clearly!

Brigitte said...

Angel - I still expreience headaches, but like a happy headache or a Holy Spirit headache - which is the same as a happy headache and then the after a good cry headache. But none are like what I was living with everyday...that was intense at times. And the happy headaches don't last too long either...