Thursday, October 26, 2006

THIS AND THAT AND OTHER BLESSINGS

So the highlight of my day I would say was seeing my brother's photo along with his beautiful baby boy and his wifey, get this, On The Front Page Of The Local Newspaper!!!! Remember I said Nathan won that Baby Competition - well they put the picture in the paper. It is such a lovely photo of them three too. WOW! It is exciting stuff I tell you - exciting!!

It is so cool to be blogging from home. Happy is playing his playstation for a while and I am blogging. There seems to be some hectic weather brewing outside - lots of wind and all, but iy is nice and cool. A relief from the heat of the day.

I was just over at Angels blog, and she is typing up her's and Damiens's story of how they got to where they are and I suddenly realised how incredibly strong she really is and I also realised that the first few years of Damiens life - I wasn't really a part of her life. She went through SO much and I didn't even know half of it. It must have been really hard to be such a young mom and then still have to face such challenges with Damien too. I really admire you sis - you are a wonderful mom, and I just know that all your hard work and tears will all be rewarded someday. Damien is such a sweet child and I really love him lots too.
Love you!!!

And to end off, on Tuesday I was meditating on stuff about people. People like my husband, my children, my family and mostly my colleagues - and I was sort of unconsciously focusing on the negative things that they can do sometimes. (I don't have any negative points - in case you didn't know, which is why I can focus on other peoples negative points.) And I was praying silently for God to change them in this area or that area and that attitude and those mindsets and God spoke to me said, "Sweetheart, you should be praying 'Change me, change me,change me' not 'Change him, change them, change her.' "
And I realised that the only way other people in my life will change - in any little way, is for me to change me first. I need to change my mindsets and my attitude. I was really struck by this and I can tell you, since I have praying "Change Me" - I have seen some major changes!! It is so wonderful how God teaches me things in His own gentle and loving way. I would never have thought of asking Him to change me if He hadn't shown me. He amazes me all the time!

So that's about been my week. It is very windy outside and I am hoping it will rain. It has been extremely hot and the rain will be a big relief.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It is so nice to read your posts knowing they are being written in the comfort of your own home. Angel so deserves all the acknowledgement you are showering on her - she is amazing. I love what you have written about change - I agree fully. I live by the belief that the more ok you get with yourself, the more ok the people around you become and they don't have to do a single thing about it.
Have a wonerfully enjoyable weekend my skattie ... we need to set up another play date. Loves and Hugs. xox

Wenchy said...

I am so glad I followed the link from Dawn's blog comments somewhere! LOL

AngelConradie said...

THANX SIS!!! you're such a sweetie, i love you too!

i do wish more people would see things the way you have, changing and training ourselves to see the world differently would so make it a better place!

Brigitte said...

Dawn - It is good to blog from home!! Next week will be tough though, happy will be away most of the week. I am glad you enjoyed the post, and you are right, Angel does deserve it, and so much more!

Wenchy - Hi and welcome! I am glad you followed the links too. I will pop round to your bloggy on Monday, K? It's a DATE!!

Angel - Your welcome, only writting the truth, thats all. You really are amazing.
I also wish more people would change whats in their hearts and minds, that's mostly why I blog - to get people thinking differently. With a fresh take on things.
love you too!

Anonymous said...

I am soooo enjoying your blogging, makes me think, laugh, change, etc.

I can so relate to, to meditating on stuff about people in that unconscious factor. So yes, it was good to be challenged!