Monday, October 16, 2006

WEEKEND FUN !

Howzit!
Had a good weekend – a crazy lady in America phone pranked me on Saturday night, she and my sister were panning it all evening while I was busy with visiting in-laws etc, etc. At first I thought I was in MAJOR trouble folks – I kid you not. But when she said she was with the Dawn Unplugged Patrol – I could hardly believe who I was talking to.
Dawn, Dawn – it was so good to talk to you!! It was a really big surprise. It made my whole weekend!! You actually had me going there for a second – LOL!! You have become a very special person in my life, really. I am so glad we (three) have become friends – I really am. Now I KNOW I gotsta get me down to your place to visit!!

And other news, Donovan had a friend visit him for the weekend. The sweetest little boy. His name is Marius and he and Donny just balance each other so perfectly. I am so happy that my lil’ boy has finally found a tjommie who he can play with at school – and who will be going with him to primary school next year too! I never heard them – not once. The lugged all their toys in and out all weekend and played and played and played. I mixed some icing sugar with water and we had a “Bak ‘n Brou”* in the garden – that was a hit! I took them swimming and we went to church all together on Sunday and he just loved that too. They were really so good – I honestly thought I would have a “madhouse” for the weekend – but, I was very pleasantly surprised.


Seanie was sick the whole weekend, he had a fever off and on and slept quite a bit. He was not impressed I can tell you cause he missed the box-car racing at school and he couldn’t swim on the weekend either. I felt really sorry for the poor kiddo. But he’s a tuffy and he bounces back from setbacks very quickly. He was at school today, and I phoned him to remind to take his meds for his flu/cold. He is such a sweet kid.

What lies ahead this week? Let’s see, gym tonight Wednesday is prayer meeting and music practice, Thursday one of the relating leaders will be coming to do some input into our little church – so I really want to go to that. And on Sunday we have a family day! Jumping castles, braai**, volleyball, fellowship and good fun.

I will be stopping by your bloggy’s this week, I promise. Thanks to all of you for sticking around while I have been so scarce. I really appreciate it.

I better run before the Dawn Unplugged Blogger Patrol catches me blogging at work – hee hee!!

* Bak ‘n Brou – it’s what the pre-school kiddos sometimes get to do in school with cookies and icing and sprinkles and sweeties etc. The decorate and eat their own cookies – it’s lots of fun!!
** Braai – it’s the same as a barbeque – almost…

8 comments:

the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Hi, Sounds like you had the perfect weekend! Glad to hear that D has found a tjommie!!!! (Jeepers but he has grown). lol @ Dawn almost catching you out! I have also had the opp to speak to her - cool!!!! Hope you have a really great week!!! Take Care!

Brigitte said...

NMOTB - Hi! How cool is that - while I was visiting you, you were visiting me!! Hope you have a great week too.

Diane Viere said...

I know firsthand how EXCITING it is to get a phone call from a blogging friend! How much fun!

Hope your week is a great one!

Diane

Brigitte said...

Diane - Yes, I remember your post abut that. It is exciting isn't it!!

kpjara said...

I'm glad things are good, though busy! and thank you for including the 'translations' for the uninformed minority!

I've been away a bit too and returning to busy work is somehow easier with returning to blog-hunts and reading!

AngelConradie said...

it was indeed a very entertaining evening! and every time i switch on my headlights i think of you and dawn now! mom was nearly paraletic with laughter when i told her about it on saturday!
so where are the pictures of what you made on your "bak & brou" adventure?

Brigitte said...

Kim - I knew you'd be happy about the translations!! Hope things calm down a bit at work.

Angel - It was very funny how we thought everyone was mal for shouting and hooting!!
Picture of Donny with icing all over his face on my post. BUH!

Unknown said...

A hectically busy time has made me scarce this last week. Speaking with you guys last week was the BEST. I can't switch on the car lights without thinking of y'all! I'm envious of your little guys buddy bonding. Here, things are fare more formal with play dates set up in advance. At this age the friendships are still very much up to the contact between parents and that can sometimes be a hard nut to crack. Hope things have calmed down a bit for you and that all is super lekker. Hugs and Loves. Jou Parol Tjommie. xox