Thursday, September 21, 2006

ALL MY BAGS ARE PACKED - I'M READY TO GO...

Ok, technically I haven't packed yet. I plan to do that tonight - but man, am I ever ready to go!!! BLOEMFONTEIN - here I come! I am ready to learn, to be challenged, to grow. I have heard such amazing things about the LTT in Bloem, one year there was an Angel that sang with the choir!! For real - AN ANGEL!! Can you imagine the worship when an Angel joins you?? WOW, I am so excited - can you feel it? I couldn't sleep last night I just wanted to talk about everything I have heard the people telling me who have been there before...

So, I will be leaving tomorrow at around 1:00pm so that I can be at choir practice on Saturday and Sunday, cause the whole thing starts on Monday. Four and half THOUSAND people!! Can you imagine the preparation that goes into something like this. The sound equipment, for both the Muso's and the Speakers (That's people, not speakers for a hi-fi). The mothers room needs to be prepped with video feed and sound and all the stuff that mom's need to be comfy. Only very little children may go. Children between the ages of 3 and 14 may not go, unless they have felt a calling on their lives and want to learn more about being a purpose driven leader, and they have to be 14 years old to go. But it is so wonderful to see young people going all out for God. Hungry for more of Him, eager to learn and grow in Him.

I have heard people say too, that Bloem is just absolutely taken over for the five days of the LTT, we are everywhere. And ALL the guest houses are full and booked out. So if you ever plan on going to Bloemfontein - don't go in the last week of September!! LOL!! It could prove to be a bit of a problem.

Anyway, I have to go - I have a lot to do toady at work before I leave. So I cannot stay and chat. I will be back with you all on the 2 October. So, bye for now, love you all.

MUA
MUA

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been waiting for this post with eager anticipation. Just have the most wonderful time and I know you will draw every thread of pleasure and growth, bliss and wonderfulness that there is to get out of this experience. I have a strong feeling that some new adjectives will come out of this :o) Travel safe my friend ~ I love you ~ WILL MISS YOU - Yikes ... Oct. 2nd ... (I'm sure there must be ONE internet cafe in the fabulopus metrololis of Bloem.). Wish Happy and the Gang a rewarding experience without you. Hugs and Smooches from Dawn, Dawn and the band!! xoxo

Unknown said...

ok ,,, it's vroeg in the morning here in NJ, but I think a bit too much might get lost in translation here ...
metrololis = M-E-T-R-O-P-O-L-I-S.
Dawn, Dawn you realize is married to Dan, Dan and they have a band. Remember I had written - note to self: press preview and you suggested I shouldn't!

Brigitte said...

Oh Dawn, Dawn, you totally crack me up!! I still say - don't use the preview button, what would we get to laugh at otherwise? And besides, this way we get to make up our own unique words and language from our very own private planet! LOL!!

I will draw EVERYTHING I possibly can from these 7 days. And I will be sharing all of it here.
Love you too my dear friend. Look after yourself and Dan, Dan and the band!
LOTS of drukkies!!

kpjara said...

Many prayers. I'm looking forward to the resulting posts about this trip! Have a glorious, wonderful, uplifting trip!

AngelConradie said...

i can't wait to hear all about it when you get home!
drive safely and be careful- luv you miss you!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time Spookie, I'm jealous. I really hope you are blessed. Look forward to hearing all about it when you get back

che said...

Good luck. Happy trip !

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a good time ... you sound so siked it makes anyone want to go! Did you get my email about your name post?

ally

the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Enjoy, cant wait to hear all about it!

Unknown said...

You and Angel off line ... at the same time ... this is not fabulopus at all. Thinking about what you are doing. xoxox
(My word verification is miusbfug - roughly translated ... me is bfug with bofe of you away.)

Anonymous said...

Hello!!! I am back!!! I am still feeling slightly overwhelmed from all that I experienced and learned. I am still trying to take it all in and. I loved every single minute of it, to be honest, I didn't even think of blogging - not once, I was So busy with choir practice and connecting with new people and friends. I was exhausted, spiritually, emotionally and physically when I came home on Friday. I will post soon about what stood out most for me and about what I learned, if I don't stop here, this comment may turn into a post - LOL!!! love you all PLENTY!!
Spookie