Friday, September 01, 2006

RUNNING OUT OF PATIENCE

This week has been so crazy!! I don’t know where to begin…
As you all know I have taken on more than double my usual load of work and not only that but all the extra files and cupboards from the office of the lady who resigned. I have been moving cupboards and files and stationary around for the last two days. I have now got a printer in my office, as well as a scanner – which I am grateful for…. But none of it is working yet!!! Which means I cannot work yet. My computers “brain” is standing on the floor and the printer with all its cables is just standing on my desk and the scanner is still in another office. I am so rushed and busy at work that I COMPLETELY forgot about my Donovan’s open day at his new primary school. And I was SO looking forward to going to that. My office looks like a bomb hit it at the moment and I have so much work to do and documents to make for new products that the factory has to start making and I cannot get started on any of it!!!

The guy who is supposed to be helping me install everything keeps promising to be here and I never see him. This morning at around 8:00 he said he would see me in 30 minutes. It is now 11:48 and I still have not seen him.

I am running out of patience and I am running out of space and I am running out of time. My last reserves are being used up and I am now leaning very heavily on the Lord for sustenance. If I don’t then I am going to start biting people’s heads off and I will very quickly climb down the “installer” man’s throat. I realize he is busy with all the activity happening here at the moment, and I know he feels bad that he has not gotten to me yet – yet I feel so powerless to get anyone to help me and get me settled so that I can carry on with my work!!

I don’t want to be a nag and I don’t want to be the crazy lady in the corner office who throws her toys when she doesn’t get her way – but my restraint is wearing thin. I asked him last week Monday to be sure he had time to come and help me this week and it is now Friday.

So this is why I haven’t posted for a while. Please keep me in your prayers that things will be sorted out here soon cause I can almost not keep my cool any longer…

And BTW – Madam is at home and still on crutches – but happy to be at home

13 comments:

Soul Reflections said...

Hang in there, dearie. Jesus is coming soon!

AngelConradie said...

you'll be fine- you'll blow them all away with your organising and delegating capabilities!

Diane Viere said...

Oh--I hate days like that! It makes me crazy when I have to get a little "witchy" to get things done! Why don't people just...do what they SAY they're gonna do!

Take a deep breath with me......and repeat my mantra..."I can do this! I can do this! I CAN do this!"

And then, if it all doesn't come together just so--my next mantra is: "It is...what it is!" there's always tomorrow! Well, in this case...next Tuesday!

Make it a great weekend.


:)

Diane

kpjara said...

I'll definitely be praying for you! Sounds like a nightmare week...and could you hand me those toys I threw that way a day or so ago...I want them back now! I'm trying so hard to BEHAVE!

Unknown said...

Sounds seriously frustrating. Perhaps you could go over to the dudes office and quietly explain to him the implications of his delays. Sometimes a quiet word gets their attention. Either way, I'd be inclined to agree with the "take a deep breath" approach. Monday you will come in with a refreshed energy. Don't let the frustration of the week invade your weekend. xox

the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Oh my graciousness - I have also had a week of madness! Almost missed the cut-off time for my tender (got it in with 30mins to spare) FORGOT an appointment, locked myself in the house and we are moving on Saturday of which by Friday morning not a single box had been packed (thanks to Linah - that was taken care of)When i got home on Friday our entire house was packed and ready for moving! I get so frustrated when people mess you around, I am also not one to bitch and moan but I can only be so patient! Sorry to hear you missed the open day (can you believe that our babies are going to BIG school?). You must enjoy the weekend and try and relax abit! When we are in and settled I really think you should pop around for some tea and a visit!!!! anyways its late and the truck will be hear in 6hrs! Take Care!

Masked Rabbit said...

Thinking of you Spookie!

Tammy said...

Oh the joys of being a working mom!! I can't even tell you how many school (and home) milestones I have missed with my 2 girls. Hope your computer has its brain back in tact!!! Vasbyt!

Ally said...

oh man I am so sorry for the stressful days you have been having. Sounds horrendous. Missing your Sons big day doesn´t make it easier!

I hope that today sees some positive action going on in your office. Some results. Most of all that inner strength that helps you keep calm in the mists of the craziness. This can only come from God, because in the natural...it´s impossible!!!

blessings

Brigitte said...

Debra - Oh and halelujah for that!!!

Angel - Thanks, I forgot about those capabilities that I had. LOL!!!

Diane - I am so glad to hear we all have days like that!! I will repaet your mantra - and I will add: "With Jesus I can do this. With jesus I can do this." It was a good weekend - hope yours was too.

Kim - It IS hard to behave sometimes isn't it... but i think I will be kkeping the toys here a bit longer, I may still need them - heh.

Dawn - Oh trust me - the quiet approch does NOT work here in the land of "W", but I did not allow my weekend to be dampened at all.

NMOTB - Sounds like you had a week like mine!! Glad to hear your move is done. I cannot wait to come and see your new place!!

Bunny - Thank you - it means alot.

Tammy - It's horrible isn't it! I think that, that was upset me MORE than anythng else...
The brain is still on the floor - but I am sure that today is the day for BIG things!! Thanks.

Alley - Thank you so much for those encouraging words - it means SO much to me. I am leaning on God heavily today again and I know everything will be fine.

the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Hello there Spookie Doodles - How are things going at work? Has your PC been sorted yet?

Unknown said...

Hello My Friend - Just wanted to wish you a good week and to say that I hope Madam and Happy are doing better. Hugs and Love. xox

Brigitte said...

NMOTB - Hi there!! Almost all sorted. I have my computers brain finally up on my desk, now I just need to get my scanner and printer properly installed...I am making pogress.

Dawn - Aaww, thanks Dawn. I hope yu have a good week too. Madam is doing much better - just bored and frustrated at being stuck at home. Happy is fine, his leg has healed. He is going to lose his toe nail though - it looks realy yuck! LOL!