Thursday, February 09, 2006

SHOO FLY!!!

So yesterday afternoon I am sitting in the living room watching a bit of T.V before I tackle supper and there is this HUGE fly buzzing around lazily, then it comes and buzzes around me I think: "If I take off my shoe and whack it - it wont bother me anymore." But I get this image of me removing my shoe and the fly just freezes in midflight, wings and legs stiff and straight in a death spasm his little mouth open in a silent scream gasping for air (imagine a scene from the matrix) and then falls to the floor - dead. Who needs fly swatters or bugspray when all you have to do is remove your shoe, heh heh. I didn't take off my shoe - cause of the little image in my brain. But I did think it would make a pretty good ad for people who battle with that - smelly feet - that is. I dont but I am alsways careful where I take my shoes off - just in case.

And I am just loving this rain. Apparently we can expect it to rain well into February and March. I fell asleep with the rain and thunder last night, and woke up to rain this morning too. I wished I could just stay in my bed in the quiet with the sound of the rain all around - until I heard Donovan who had woken up and got his army men down and was playing war games under his duvet, not very peaceful. So I had to get up and get the kids going for school. But really - the first thing I thought when I woke up this morning was "yay its saturday" NOT!!!!

And hubby is still sick and he even told me yesterday that he wont laugh and joke and be all funny if he is feeling so lousy - not even a smile..... oh pity me, pity me. I can live with the rain, but when I look at my hubby and his face looks like a storm cloud I want to just smack him. Life is no fun when he is sick.

No comments: