Wednesday, February 08, 2006

LAUGHING !!!

I just love laughing - and making other people laugh. And I love talking!!! One lady who worked with me once told me that she didn't know how I got anything done, cause everytime she saw me I was chatting. Well, I am a woman and I can multi-task, that means I can talk and work at the same time. I do it all day!!!

What I love the most is when people say soemthing - but you hear something totally different, I log them in my memory so I can recall them anytime I want and have good laugh at them. Here are some fine examples:

My boyfriend (many years ago - at least a few years ago, I'm not old enough to say many yet) and I were (funny, I always imagine I am whispering when I type in brackets - hee) driving from his house to my house. He got to a traffic light just as it turned orange - so he sped up a little and kept going. So I remembered a little rhyme that goes: "Red means stop, green means go, and orange means - ride like hell!", at which point I said to him :"Red means?" and he looked at me and frowned slightly (should have been a clue). And about 200 meters on the same thing happened with another traffic light - to which I commented "Green means?" (of course I just take it for granted that everyone is as brilliant as me and knows all the funny things I do) and again he just frowned slightly. About 400 meters on from there, he turned to me and in a very frustrated voice said "Red Beans, Green Beans WHAT!?" Of course at this point I doubled over with laughter and laughed till the tears ran (till the tears became) I couldn't tell him what I had said cause I was laughing too much. Poor guy, I dont know if I ever told him what I was on about...

Another time, a friend of mine and I were returning from a holiday on a luxury bus. The bus was practically empty, anyway, he was feeling tired, I think, so he reclined his seat and said "I seem to be further back that you." (dont ask why he said that - I will never know). But what I heard was - "I seem to be forever baffling you." I was very puzzled - not that funny I know - you had to be there. I found it histerical!!!
This same guy and I were in an Ice-cream shop and I had hiccups - which I stated, and he thought I had said "I'm a nutcase" - not wrong, obviously - needless to say I was paraletic with laughter there too!!!

Another time, this guy working with me - doesn't work here anymore - (HA - that wasn't in brackets) was standing in my office looking through a file of documents, I think it was a Thursday, cause he said, "Today feels like a Monday." - THREE times I asked him to repeat what he had said, and everytime I heard "Today feels like I'm hungry", eventually I said, "so eat something", he was obviously puzzled and asked me why? (trying to figure out why if today felt like a monday he should then eat something) he told me what he had said and then left me hooting with laughter in my office - very quickly I might add.

Now I have forgotten what else I had to say cause my children just walked into my office and are regailing me with all sorts of stories and adventures from the the day -along with the announcment of "Ek kort 'n pee"

Anyway - more funnies and what nots tomorrow - well maybe.

(I have decided to change my brackets voice to a lower less chatty voice not a whisper)

No comments: