Wednesday, February 08, 2006

EVER GET THE FEELING...

Ever get the feeling your children are laughing down their sleeves at you?
Yup, I know they do it. Specially Marke, he never takes anything we say seriously. Like last night for instance I find him scratching around in my bedroom and when I questioned him he just shrugged and pulled his lip up at me - made me feel he may as well just swear at me cause he couldn't care less either way.
I feel sometimes that it is my husbands fault he is like this cause he never lays down the rules firmly enough, and when he does, he never sticks to them. So Marke knows that whatever happens or whatever is said - it wont last and he doesn't take it seriously.
Another example, we have a playstation - which I hate - and the rules were no playing in the week thats a time for homework etc etc etc. But Hubby plays all week and Marke sits and watches.
We agreed when he bought the machine that they would not be allowed to play any age restricted games - well that flew out the window too when I found Marke playing a 16+ game with his Dad and he is 13. We agreed the the remotes for the PS2 would be kept locked away in the week to prevent them playing - doesn't happen. "they wont risk not being allowed to play" says hubby. "Marke knows he may not play in the week" says hubby.
And do the remotes get packed away? NNNOOOOO.
"I put them in such a way that I will know if they have played with them" says hubby. PLEASE - someone give him a WAKE UP pill. This kid is playing him so well and he doesn't see it, or wont see it - I dont know.
So on Sunday night at 20h00 Marke decides - after a whole weekend of playstation, which started on Friday, that it was time to do homework. Hubby was furios and told him that the next weekend there would be NO playstation. And he would not be allowed to watch while others played either.
Now I know that Marke is laughing his little ASS off cause he knows that come the weekend - he will be playing playstation, like nothing ever happened. Even I know it.

It is frustrating, but you know - I cant say anything, cause I dont know what I am talking about. So I just leave Marke to hubby - he can deal with him. I am not going to fight with him.

No comments: