Monday, February 27, 2006

BUSTED!!!

A few days ago I was cleaning my house. I do it thouroughly every saturday cause I don't have the luxury of a maide. I move furniture to vacuum and mop the floors, clean the toilets and bathrooms, do washing etc etc. So when I moved the one couch out of the way to clean there, I found glass from the light cover under it. Immediately I know that the light cover has been broken - and I also know I had a spare one in the passage cupboard, which I check and dicover it is no longer there. So I call my hubby and tell him that one of the light shades/covers has been broken and replaced. I know it has, I am superior and nothing gets by me.

We call the boys into the lounge and they stand looking at us in all innocence. When I ask who broke the light they just look at me. Then I tell them I know it has been broken because I found the glass they missed in their clean up under the couch. Realising it is pointless to argue with his all to clever mom - Marke - without hesitation tells on his younger brother. Poor Sean. He would never tell on Marke that easily.

He tells us that Sean was spinning the broom around in the living room - drum majorette style - and he hit the light and smashed it. The light cover and the globe. Then they tried to cover it up. BUSTED!! When I look at Sean he is looking a bit guilty and trying to hide a naughty smile. A dead give away. There is no honour among light smashers! I love being the one doing the busting too!!!! Not cause I am mean but because it proves everytime you can't hide anything from your mom - you may be able to do it for a while - but the truth WILL out eventually!

Nice try boys! (I will give them that much, but they lack attention to detail.)

As much as I wanted to laugh throughout the whole thing, I couldn't, it may give them the impression that they may swing the broom around whenever or wherever they like - and I can't have that. I don't have anymore spare light covers. And what happens if the smash the T.V? I will have no peace because there will nothing to keep my husband busy(horror)

Boys will be boys. And moms will be cleverer.

2 comments:

Terri said...

LOL! You're right, nothing gets by moms.. . ditto for wives even if they're not moms. It's definitely attention to detail that is lacking in the male brain. Well done for not laughing through the ordeal ;-)

Brigitte said...

Terri - You are absolutely right. I have a few stories about catching hubby in a lie too. But I will save that for later.