Friday, February 10, 2006

FUNNY THINGS CHILDREN SAY

Especially my youngest son. Here are a few things he has said in the past, first let me say, I have rather large front teeth (yay I spelt it right!!!) which are crowns cause I smashed them out in a bycicle accident in primary school. So anyway, I was helping Donovan brush his teeth one morning, when he asked me to show him my teeth - so I grimaced at him as best I could to reveal all my teeth to him. At which point he said to me "Ek hettie sukke tanne nie." I frowned and said "Watse tande?" to which he replied "Ek hettie sukke 'wots up doc' tanne nie." Well of course I was once again paraletic with laughter and I couldn't tell my husband what was so funny, and Donovan stood there toothbrush in hand with a sheepish grin on his face. Needless to say I now have a complex about my teeth.

Another time Donovan again, (he is so different to the other kids) was with my dad at the mall. The parking lot was particularly full that day, and I think Donovan was about three. Now I have learned that kids pick up bad words really fast and repeat them as often as possible. And Donovan picked up one (well it has been more than one, but this one in particular was his favourite) from nursery school. So he and my dad were driving around the parking lot looking for a spot to park and Donovan was looking out the window when he said "Check al hierrie karre Oupa - vokkit." My father almost rode into an occupied parking spot. And then spent the rest of the morning giggling at what his grandson had said. I know we are not supposed laugh at them when they swear but man when it is so unexpected you can't help it.

Oh and you all know the little guy on the Cerebros or is it Cerebos - anyway the little boy on the salt container who is pouring salt on the chicken? Well Donovan named him Bennie. But he didn't really name him. He was looking at the container one day and turning it around and around and then said to himself - thinking out loud - "O, daars twee Bennies". As if everybody knows that his name is Benny.

I have often laughed at him until my sides hurt, the poor kid must think his mommy is a loony - maybe thats why he was on about my "Wots up Doc" teeth.

2 comments:

Terri said...

lol! Spooks, you just became my 'laugh of the day' with your stories.

Brigitte said...

Oh, I love you!!