Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A TOAST.....

Here is something a little mushy to tide you all over to the very exciting competition I will be running over the weekend....

You all remember my post last month about my dear friend who buggered off to Ireland for 9 months and how we laughed about bubblegum, tekkies, lifts and flats and all that? (Go here to read that post.)
Well she visited again, she found that post and left this message for me today:

Reta said...
I started a new job yesterday, without *brig, and it's just not the same. It even makes me miss Wrapsa! Ask brig - she will know...he he. nway, after i went for the interview, i told my mom **"ek het vir brig gevra om te bid want as sy bid gebeur daar dinge". And.. i got the job. Today is my second day and just trust brig to have me all up in tears, reading her blog. People looking at me like im crazy - and im just like:" Tekkies and bubbelgum and ireland and baaaaaa waaaa haaaa.
Man I LOVE THAT CHICK!!!!!!!!
Thank you so much for comming into my life - but 'specially for making me a part of yours.
Reta

Once again she has made my day. And it got me to reflecting on the blessing of friends. Friends that I treasure. They are like diamonds sparkling in a dark world. I have friends here where I live and I see them quite often and I have friends on the other side of the world who I have never seen face to face and whose voices I have not even heard, but who I met through blogging.

I am dedicating this post to those friends who stop by almost daily whether they are Resident South Africans, South Affies in far away countries and non South Africans living in their home countries. I cannot begin to tell you all how precious you are to me. We also laugh together and cry together even though we have never met in person our hearts have connected over space and time to forge strong meaningful friendships.
People like Reta, Dawn, Angel, Terri, NMOTB, Karen, Debra, Bunny Girl (Hunny Bunny), Lori, Beads, Blue (Gail), Myutopia, and so many other fantastic visitors… and also the many new "faces" I will be meeting in the future.....

You are one super special group of people and I am so happy to have gotten to know you all through blogging. I know we have got some very special friendships growing here regardless of age, religions, race or (giggle) sex... and whatever else there may be that would normally get in the way of people forming a friendship.

I know that I can tell you all my deepest fears and my darkest secrets and I will only get support and love from you. I only have internet access from work so on weekends I cannot blog – but I can tell you, I sure do miss y’all over the weekend. You guys light up my days at work. I wish I could blog for a living – that would be the best job ever.

So – bloggers, raise your glasses and repeat after me: “A friendship in blogland is a friendship for keeps, for a friend found in blogland – is a friend indeed!!!” Here’s to all of you who have made my life richer for knowing you …


Now on a lighter note:
q: What do you get hanging from a tree?
a: SORE ARMS!!! (heee hee hee)

Actually it's from gym - but who will ever know the difference...

* uuhh - that's me btw...
** i asked brig to pray cause when she prays things really happen"

12 comments:

the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

That is so precious - I too am honoured to have you as a blog friend in my life cause reading your blog really gets my day off to a good start! Oh here's a joke for you - What do you call a fly without wings? *A Walk* he he he

TheTart said...

Sweetest post! Cheers to all your blogger pals. ; )

SMooch,
The Tart
=^..^=

Masked Rabbit said...

Raising the glass of champers to you, sweetie (metaphorically speaking of course - the real thing will be later!).
Love you too and all the other bloggers.

Brigitte said...

NMOTB - A good start to your day! Thats good to know ;). Ok, another silly joke: Whats white and hangs in a tree? A Bunch of fridge!! LOL

SweeTart - Cheers!! Bottoms Up!! (and ad to my lil list there on my post:The Tart) MUA!

Hunny Bunny - Ooooh, Bubbly!! Yes Please!!!

Kelly said...

Have a great day, I enjoyed your post!

Unknown said...

Cheers to you and the gang.

Q: What do you call a Frenchman in sandles?

A: Phillipe Falop.

It is truly amazing the connection, bonds and emotions you can feel through these friendships. xoxoxo

L said...

3 cheers for blog friends!

A Captured Reflection said...

Oh our names in lights. Thanks Spookie.

So are you South African too? or have you moved there?

I worked with a team of mostly South Africans in 1997-98 in Scotland. They called me "soot" (can't spell it!) and that there was "Deer-ma-kar" when I was around (again totally rotten spelling!)

Soul Reflections said...

Oh Spookie, you're such a sweetheart. You lifted my day! I feel the same way. We're doing God's will, encouraging each other without ever seeing face to face in this life. Thanks.

Brigitte said...

Dawn - Cheers!!! It is amazing, it really is special.

Lori - Hip Hip, Hooray!! Hip Hip, Hooray!! Hip Hip, Hooray!!

Karen - Yep, I am South African - Born and Bred. The "soet" you were called means sweet (good, sweet, etc) spelled "soet" and the "deer-ma-kar" means confused or mixed up, and it is spelled "deurmekaar" a direct translation we make into english as a joke is "througheachother" LOL!

Debs - Thats right, we are. That is why even technology which can be used for so much evil can be used powerfully to do Gods work too!!!

AngelConradie said...

aaaaaw spookie, that was really cool! thanx skattie!

on the subject of jokes...
what do you get when you cross a bumper-car-ride and a roller-coaster?
my life as a parent!!!!
mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha...

Brigitte said...

angel - Oh thats good!