Wednesday, July 05, 2006

HOW IS IT THAT WE WHO NEED TO PRAY SO MUCH, PRAY SO LITTLE? YET JESUS WHO NEEDED TO PRAY SO LITTLE PRAYED SO MUCH…?

Jesus spent a lot of time in prayer. There are many verses in the bible which state that Jesus went off alone and prayed. Should we not do the same?
We cannot grow or fulfill the plans He has for us if we don’t spend time in the presence of God. Prayer is a direct line of communication with God.
Spend time in prayer – if Jesus felt the need to do so, shouldn’t we?
Do we pray too little?
Jesus, we would think, should not have needed to pray often because He is God's Son - yet he did. That is why the question comes up, we are the ones who need to pray alot and we don't but Jesus neede to pray so little and he prayed all the time......
Makes you think doesn't it....?

Mat 6:6 But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.


Mat 14:23 And after he had dismissed the crowds, he went up on the mountain by himself to pray. When evening came, he was there alone,


Mar 6:46 And after he had taken leave of them, he went up on the mountain to pray.


Luk 5:16 But he would withdraw to desolate places and pray.


Luk 6:12 In these days he went out to the mountain to pray, and all night he continued in prayer to God.


Mat 26:36 Then Jesus went with them to a place called Gethsemane, and he said
to his disciples, "Sit here, while I go over there and pray."


And it was Jesus who taught us to pray the following:

Our Father, who art in heaven
Hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come
Thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread and
forgive us our tresspasses as we
forgive those who tresspass against us.
And lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the kingdom
The Power and the Glory
Forever and ever
Amen

4 comments:

Soul Reflections said...

Spookie..good wisdom. I always think He went to pray alone so that He wasn't distracted by anyone. We need to hear God's voice and we need to get alone with Him much more than ever. We have too much going on.

gail said...

Spookie, I have just watched to an online sermon on Matt 6:6 about going into a room and the Father who sees us in secret rewarding us.Andy Stanley, who was talking, said that the "time and the place" are so important.We find the Peace of God in our lives when we take that time. Thanks for the reminder.
Love Blue

Mrs. D said...

Thank you for this. I am in desperate need for His wisdom in a certain area of my life and I need Him to speak to me clearly and definitely. So, I know that I need to spend more time in prayer.

Why is it that I have such a hard time being consistent with my prayer life?

His,
Jennifer

Brigitte said...

Debs - Yes, I do think that is the reason He went alone. I have had experiences with distractions too - it doesn' work. You need to be alone with Him to focus completely on Him.

Gail - Thats so true, we find His peace when we take the time.

Jennifer - Prayer is the only way we can REALLY hear from Him. Take the time to wait on Him - you will get your word from Him, He is faithful. I have a hard time being consistent too - but I have sort of trained myself to be always praying in my heart - my heart and my mind is always in touch with Jesus. That way I keep my praying spirit strong. It has taken a while - but I can do it now.