Friday, May 12, 2006















WHAT IS A MOTHER?

A mother is a doormat and a dishwasher,
She is a washing machine and button sewer onner.
She is the cook, the baker and the carpenter.
She is the doctor, the mediator and the referee.
She is the constant, the run too, the always there.
She can never get sick,
She can never take leave.
She is always a wife,
She is a mother for life.
She never gets a holiday
And doesn’t get to break away.
She just wants to be loved
The way she loves her own.
“Thank you mom” or “I love you”
Is all she wants to hear
These words would mean the world to her.
When whispered in her ear.
She wants to be remembered,
To know that she is loved.
There are no gifts throughout the world
To replace the gift of love.
A handmade card, a tender word,
A hug from Dad sometimes.
A simple “yes, I understand”
When unexplained tears come to her eyes.
A gentle touch, a quiet word
Can always make her day.
If you have a mother, remember her today.
Don’t wait for mothersday
To say what you want to say
She needs to hear it often,
Or she will think that she has failed.
She has a heart big and tender
Even though she looks tough as nails


Guys, go and love your mom's this mothersday - and every other day! There is nothing worse than a mom who feels unappreciated and unloved. She needs to know that even though you don't say it all the time - you do feel it and you do think it. Remember your mom's, they are a precious gift from God.

I LOVE YOU MOM!! You are the reason I strive to be a good mom to my boys. You are the reason I can be proud of who I am. I hope you know how much you mean to me, there is no gift or words to show you how precious you are to me. God bless you. Love you!

10 comments:

AngelConradie said...

beautiful!

Brigitte said...

angel - thank you.

Kelly said...

That was really lovely.

Unknown said...

I have just discovered your blog -"SNAP". I too met my husband when he was still married. We are approaching our 13th wedding anniversary. I have been raising his two children with him for the last 9 years, and we have one son of our own. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Linda said...

Happy Mother's Day!
xoxoxoxo

Terri said...

A lovely post, happy Mother's Day Spookie!

Brigitte said...

myutopia - thank you.

dawn - Wow! thats so cool. I must come over and see you sometime.

Beads - thank you.:)

Terri - Thanks, and thanks.;)

Soul Reflections said...

What a wonderful poem! God bless you Mother Spookie!

Brigitte said...

Debs - Thank you. God Bless you too my friend on the other side of the world!

Anonymous said...

I cherish these words my sweet B - I am very humbled. I am blessed out of my boots and sox to have such incredible, loving, talented children. Thank you Jesus! Thank you.