Friday, May 05, 2006


I GOT THEM SUPERMODEL BLOOOZ.......

So I went and had my hair cut and coloured a few days ago, and granted I do look like a Super Model now and my hubby can't seem to get enough of me - I realised last night why I have not cut my hair into a shortish style.It is too much effort!!! I cut it into a sporty shoulder length bob style - and it looks Fabulous - but it is a mission now to have to style it in the mornings.

I have to blowdry it and use my straightner to get it sleek and neat etc, etc - which I am used to doing, but the thing is I have this new Ultra Larny Hairdryer. It is a salon type - one of those really big ones with the looooonnnnnge nozzle and handle. And it blows so powerfully that it blows everything on my dressing table around!! I literally have to sneak up on my hair with it so that the part I have already styled doesn't get blown all over the show again! And because it is so big - it feels as if my arms are too short.

I worked up quite a sweat doing my hair last night - it's like a work out, and of course hubby will lie on the bed and tell me what I am doing wrong, and that it's my own fault for choosing such a big powerful hairdryer and so on and so on, but I got it right in the end and the result is - of cousre - perfection. But I cant help wondering how long my hair will take to grow out again so that I dont have to worry about styling it everyday - only now and then. Then again, maybe I will get so good at styling it that I will keep it this length.

Oh the woes of being a Super Model.... ;*

8 comments:

Soul Reflections said...

Didn't you get a diffuser with the dryer? I use one all the time to avoid the hurricane wind.

Brigitte said...

Debs - LOL! Hurricaine wind! Thats a good one - no I didn't get a diffuser, I don't think - whats a diffuser look like again...?

AngelConradie said...

i shmaak mah difuser doll... actually- i think i'm going to have mine cut & coloured this very weekend (if the salon has a cancellation for me), a'la meg ryan in city of angels.

Terri said...

lol! I know exactly what you mean. Hubby got me one of those fancy-shmancy salon-type hairdryers as a present and it took me aaaages to get the hang of it. It also has an extra-long cord which is great for tangling itself around my legs.

Brigitte said...

angel - I am sure I don't have a difuser, don't think I have ever used one of those. Meg Ryan - city of Angels - sounds stunning!!

Terri - Ugh - that extra long cord, don't get me started!

Linda said...

If I used a blow dryer my hair would puff out a mile LOL :)

I know I am late getting around to everyones blog *pouty face* sorry. I will get right to work on my tag. :)

Brigitte said...

Beads - HEY!! Lovely to see you again! I am so glad you enjoyed the wedding, sounded lovely. And no worries, I realise you have been busy, you couldn't exactly have told your son you wouldn't be able to attend cause you had to finish spookie's Tag now could you?
Could you? - Nah, just kidding!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Brigi - I has such a lekker tummy-giggle at this! LOVL! You are so silly! Love you always my precious.