Thursday, May 11, 2006

BRRRRRRRR – I FORGOT MY SLEEVES…..

I have this really cool winter jacket that I scored from Hubby’s work and it has sleeves that can zip on or off, so it can be worn as a sleeveless jacket too. It is black, so it is of course a vital item in my wardrobe for winter.
Now you see this morning I put on my black polar-neck top and grabbed my black jacket on my way out the door forgetting that on Saturday night I had taken off the sleeves while we were out watching a movie (me and some girl friends), now I am sitting at work getting cold cause I forgot my sleeves at home!
The jacket looks good with or without the sleeves, but I am cold without them at the moment.
Oh me….

And I have come to the realization that I am seriously lacking in the clothing and shoes department for winter that it is not actually funny. I have one pair of boots that I need to have re-soled because they are leather and I am not going to go out and buy new ones when all these need are new soles. But then that is the only pair of winter shoes I have. So, guess who’s going shopping at the end of May – that’s right – ME!!!
I am going to get me a pair of black boots, and tops etc. I have got loads of jerseys and jackets and plenty sneakers, but I need some trousers, hhhmmmm, my list is growing already. And I will need something a bit dressier for work. I do wear denims to work, but when we have important guests around, it is important to look important, heh.

So let’s see, that’s one white, pink, blue, and black top, preferably a polar neck type, and maybe something green, never really tried a nice green before, two pairs of black pants, one black jacket and one pair of boots. YAY! I love shopping, but I have to make a list before I do or I end up with all sorts of impulsively bought items that don’t fit right, or look right.

So, what are you all thinking of getting for the new season – I know that most of you bloggerflies are not in S.A, so things are warming up in your parts of the world, got any must have items you want to get for the summer? I mean what’s a new season without a new item of clothing or 2, or 10, and some new sandals of course, a really cute pair or 3 or 6 – hee!

Now I am cold from typing – my fingers are frozen and stiff with cold.
I am going to have some tea to warm up.

7 comments:

AngelConradie said...

i want some winter shoes (note- want, not need) and i have a pair that i love that also need soles.
our bosses are supplying us girls (3 in the company) with uniforms so that should cut down on my work wardrobe needs...

Soul Reflections said...

You're right...summer is coming here in the USA. I've been tanning a little each day because for the last 10 years I've been indoors working. I would like some new sandals, the thong type. Shorts are out of the question at my age. Keep warm down there!

Brigitte said...

Angel - Oh, there is alot of stuff I want, which I will probably get, cause what Spookie wants, Spookie gets. Uniforms are cool we have them here too, only after a year or so you are bored to tears with them and you start to wear your clothes again anyway.

Debs - Tanning hey. I don't tan, my skin is too fair and I just go red and sore and then I have nothing to show for my efforts anyway. And I just cannot lie in the sun like that - I get too hot. I am doing my best to keep warm - today has been quite pleasant. Enjoy your spring time there!

Linda said...

I need new flip flops for summer. I went thru 6 pairs last year. Maybe due to the fact I wear them year round. lol
I also need new shorts and some tank tops. It is quite humid here in the summer and all I do is sweat.

p.s.
My 6 list will be in my post tomorrow. :)

Kelly said...

It's interesting listening to you talk about being cold, when I am in a tanktop and skit roasting in Texas. I was unprepared for summer, so I know how you feel. I had to make some emergency shopping trips for shorts.

Pam said...

I can always use more shoes. They are the item that is always forgiving, no matter how much my weight changes.

Brigitte said...

Beads - We have dry heat in this part of S.A, down at the coast it is humid. I don't handle humidity well at all.

I look forward to your six things list!!! ;)

Myutopia - Hi! Welcome! It is strange to think of other people getting cold while it's summer where you are. I am always unprepared for a season, but thats when I get to shop a little!

Peach - Oh I do love shoes too. Pretty sandals are my favourite, they always look good.