Monday, May 15, 2006

SPRING CLEANING IN WINTER.....

Have you ever had to type something on someone else’s keyboard? Have you ever noticed how absolutely disgustingly dirty they are? I always feel I must wash my hands after working on someone else’s keyboard.
Have you ever taken your own keyboard and tipped it upside down and tapped it on the back? Try it and take a look at what falls out of there….
Are you disgusted now?
I was.
(Last week I spent the afternoon cleaning my keyboard and I can tell you – it was truly an eye-opener. I was quite disgusted with myself. And now I wish I had one of those plastic covers to put over it to keep it clean because now it looks new again and I don’t want to have to clean it again – it really is a mission to get in between all the keys. )

The next time you visit a colleague at their desk check out their keyboard, then grimace at the person and ask them if they noticed how dirty their keyboard is, make sure though, that before you do this you have cleaned your own keyboard, so that when they ask you snidely if you have – you can beam at them and happily say yes.

The problem is now I have started something that I must finish. Now I will have to sort out and clean the rest of my office, I hate half jobs - and to me, this would be a half job if I just leave it. So I will be packing out cupboards and drawers etc etc. It is truly amazing how much junk you can collect in your office!

Oh me!!!

7 comments:

Linda said...

Hiya Spookie :)
I gotta clean the rest of my desk off now haahaa. I did my keyboard and I really must stop eating by it. LOL

Kelly said...

Yes, I am an obsessive cleaner! People at work tease me because I am always cleaning my desk and keyboard.

AngelConradie said...

ooh, i tell you i lurv my office! it's NEVER messy- i carry it in a bag over my shoulder!

Soul Reflections said...

Next time get one of those cans of compressed air. They do a great job of getting the particles out from under the keys. I like black keyboards. They don't show the dirt but I've worn off the letters on 7 of the keys. Good thing I can type without looking!

Pam said...

Hey there! I tagged you for the ABC meme. Come check it out and play along : )

Unknown said...

I did it - I turned my keyboard upside down - Yussis - I will have to buy it some anti-dandruff shampoo ... what the heck is THAT all about?
Thanks for visiting my blog, Mah Cuzzie! :)

Brigitte said...

Beads - Yup, that was my thought exactly.

Myutopia - Thats not a bad thing, obsessing I mean, is it?

Angel - Oh stop bragging!

Debs - Yea, I thought of that. I am planning on getting it for my next cleaning spree. Time for a new keyboard maybe??

Peach - Col, be there now!

Dawn - LOL! Gross hey!!