Tuesday, April 04, 2006

THIS IS FOR MY BROTHER

I was supposed to dedicate one post to each of my siblings, but I got a bit side tracked there for a while.

I have a yuonger brother - he is seven years younger than me, and he is the youngest of four children, and all the rest are girls. Poor guy, I think he had it quite tough growing up in a house full of women, but then again I think it also did him some good cause you just have to know him to understand what a sensitive, loving young man he is.

I still remember when he was born, I had prayed every night for a brother after mom told us she was pregnant and I was very excited when he finally arrived. We were at home with my grandmother but I couldn't sleep. I was awake when the phone call came through that it was a boy, I don't remember if Madam or Sis were awake then too, but I know I was and I was so excited I wanted to just burst!
I was just so happy with my little brother. I changed his nappies and bathed him, well Sis and I both did, but I loved to do it. He was a quiet serious little boy, and I think alot of the time he was quite overwhlemed by all us girls.

I can tell you that he has grown into a wonderful young man whom I admire and love so very much. He is married to a lovely young girl and they have a baby boy. This little boy has special needs though and times are often very tough for my brother and his young wife. But a more loving doting father you couldn't imagine. This little boy loves his daddy and only has eyes and time for him. If he is not around then he calls his daddy and when he is there this little boy just lights up. It warms my heart to see it every time. And just like his daddy he LOVES cars.
I never dreamed my brother would be a daddy at such a young age, but he is the most wonderful dad you can imagine and I just swell with pride because of it.

I have seen when baby is ill or tired or crying and I have never seen my brother get irritated or annoyed or cross with him, he has so much patience and time for his lil' special needs boy. He holds him and rocks him and sings to him and talks to him to get him through whatever is making him cry or unhappy. A sweeter picture you have never seen.

Boetie, I just want to tell you, cause I haven't done before, just how pride I am of you and the man you have become. You are strong and sensitive and a really super dad and I am so, so proud of you. Through trials that I don't think I could have coped with you have come out stronger every time, and every blessing that is coming your way you fully deserve. Your little boy is such a treasure, but this you already know. And the lives he has touched and changed just always amazes me so. God has a calling on this little boy already, and by being the dad that you are, I know that he will know what his calling is. You have taught me so much about faith and love and patience just by being who you are. Don't ever change for anyone, you are a shining star. This has turned out to be a kind of rhyme, I never planned it that way - I don't have the time. But every word comes from the heart and I hope you will always know just how much you mean to me - no matter where you go.

There is a song by Bob Carlisle, that always reminds me of you and your baby and everytime I hear it - I see you holding that little boy, gazing down on his precious little face and seeing how beautiful he is everytime. It goes something like this:

Down a cold and darkened hallway
A doctor stood alone,
With a young and frightened father
Who knew something was wrong
He said "Son, this isn't easy,
But we really need to talk."
So he put his arm around him
and they began to walk.

He said "Your wife is finally sleeping,
She just needs to be alone right now,
and your baby, well he's healthy
but there's something you should know."
"Son he's slightly less than perfect, there
was nothing we could do. So before
you go to see him, I thought I'd talk to you."

As the young man held the warm and
sleeping bundle to his chest, he saw
the imperfections and though he tried his best
He couldn't stop the tears from falling as he
held his little boy, and in a low an trembling voice
He gently said these words:

"You're beautiful, in everyway. So beautiful,
how I've waited for this day. If the world was
offered to me, I just couldn't make the trade.
Cause you're beautiful."

I know that you both knew that your baby was going to be born the way he is and that it was not a surprise on the day of his birth, but what I am trying to show here is the love you have for you little boy, cause that's the kind of daddy you are, even though the world will see you baby as "slightly less than perfect", he will always know that to you he is perfect cause thats how you see him. And the love you have for him is priceless and nothing could ever substitute it. And this is the kind of love Jesus has for us, he sees past all our imperfections and tells us we are beautiful. He loves us unconditionally, and an example of the love between The Father and His child is mirrored in you and your son.

You are such a special brother, and I love you very much!!!

No comments: