Wednesday, April 12, 2006

EASTER POETRY

Easter is a very tender time for me, the sacrifice made for me, for us, that day... It always just blows me away. Forget about easter eggs and easter bunnies and hot cross buns and all that and take the time to really remember what happened on that day. Think about what Jesus was feeling, was He scared? Did He want to run for the hills and hide? YES! I do think He felt those things, that is what He was praying about in Gethsemane. I would have been terrified, and I wouldnt have done it. I would have fled. But He remained obedient, even unto death - He died for us. He was beaten, mocked, humilated and killed - for us. For ME! Wow! It just amazes me everytime. I wrote a poem, just something simple to try and put into words..... ja, have a read and you'll understand....

The Sacrifice

Lord I have often thought
about how you suffered,
Nailed to that tree.
And I have often wondered
What if it were me?

I think of Judas and of Peter
One who betrayed,

and one who denied.
And had I been in your shoes,
Would I have bled and died?

Could I have been the sacrifice
That could never guarantee
That the ones who I was dying for
Would give their lives for me?

But Your face was slapped,
And Your body broken
And Your blood was shed for me.
And You were nailed to that cross
So that I might be set free

Oh God I cannot put in words
What you have done for me
The price you paid for sin and death
That day on Calvary.


You bought my life with blood and tears
And saved me from this world.
And that is why I know that I
Will forever live with You,
My Lord.


And also some art work - feeling very inspired today...

4 comments:

Pam said...

This is beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing.

Brigitte said...

Thank you Peach!

Anonymous said...

very sweet and touching, you always had a knack with poetry!

Brigitte said...

Thanks my Sis!