Monday, March 06, 2006

WOO HOOO

I am so looking forward to the weekend. Hubby and I are going away from Friday to Sunday. We were supposed to go with another couple but they can't go, so we decided that even if they couldn't make it we are still going. We are going to stay at a place called Treeferns Trout Lodge www.treeferns.co.za we will be staying in a stone cottage with a balcony overlooking the damns. It is self catering, but I prefer that sometimes.

We haven't been away for ages and yes it is fun when we all go somewhere together with the kids and all that, but I am looking forward to having 3 days without the kids tagging along. Am I terrible for feeling that way, yes probably - but I dont care, I need this weekend and so does he. The kids get to go and stay at relevant God parents and grandparents etc, which is great because no one feels left out that way.
I am off on Friday and as soon as we have dropped the kids at school we hit the road!

So this weekend I went and did some birthday shopping - I had such fun. My hubby came with me and tagged along sheepishly in the shops, eventually I asked him if he wouldn't like to go to Cash Converters or something, I can't shop with him watching my every move and commenting on my choice of clothing. So he left me in peace and I got some really cool stuff! Oh how I love to shop!! Shopping makes me so happy! Oh and hubby bought me my anniversary present now already (our anniversary is next month - 8 years !!!) - a beautiful cross with pink stones in it in silver, now I just need a silver chain to wear it on. Oh and of course I need to find some earrings and stuff to match it now - you know how it is ladies...

March is so stuffed with birthdays for me it is hectic. I have mine, my mom's, my brother's, my best friends baby girl, three of the young ladies at church, one of them shares a birthday with me and my stepchildren's mother also has a birthday in March, which I make certain they remember because she is their mom and it is important that they shower her with love and wishes and phone calls, even if they are to far for presents. I always imagine how I would feel if anyone in my family forgot my birthday - specially my children, and I try to imagine how it would feel not to have my children with me permanently. It must be tough for her too.

I so believe in celebrating birthdays and I am not afraid of getting old either. I am going to live to be at least 120 years old - at least!!!. Live LONG and live STRONG I always say. There is so much I want to do and see, and the only way I will do it all is if I live long enough. Why limit myself? Are you scared of growing old??

We went and visited my hubby's brother and his wife at their new house - stunning!! A really lovely place. Huge and spacious, the only thing they don't like are the light fittings - chandeliers everywhere! It doesn't go with the house. I personally like chandeliers - but it must be in the proper setting. I know my sister A would LOVE them though.

All in all a really lekka weekend. Loaded with shopping and visiting and getting presents - I am so spoiled.

Here is a list of pressies I got:
A weekend away from Hubby
New clothes and a CD form mom and dad
A beautiful journal - dateless - from sister C
Mall vouchers from In-laws and work
A travel mug from Bother G and his wife
A diary with kitties on and cream from a colleague
And a beautiful wooden beaded clip from sister A whichI have always wanted.
A HUGE bunch of pink and white roses from my precious boys - (thanks my Babe)
LOADS of e-mails and phonecalls and text messages

Spoiled!! spoiled!! spoiled!!!!

I am so blessed to be loved so much and to have people around me that remember the little things - Thank you to my dearest Sister A for making my birthday such a special one. What would my life be without you? I love you PLENTY!!!!

2 comments:

Terri said...

Wow, you lucky girl!
I love shopping too - one of my favourite pastimes. But also, much better without hubby, hehe.
Am I afraid of getting old? I used to be. Now I just don't want to. But I guess you're only as old as you feel.
And you're not bad for wanting to spend time alone with your husband. The two of you are the most important part of your family.
That's just my opinion though... carry on :-)

Brigitte said...

Terri - Yep, I am lucky - more like spoiled. I am so over feeling bad about going away without the kids, cause we are important - you're right. Thanks, I forgot about that part. hee