Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I HAVE DECIDED
To dedicate one post to each of my siblings. I will start with my oldest sister who I will call Sis. She is only 14 months older than me and we have a very special relationship. We share each others deepest darkest secrets and greatest joys. I cannot imagine life without her. She is fiercly loyal and woe betide the one who says or does anything wrong against her family. She is intelligent and talented and has a sixth sense about stuff that I dont even see. Our younger sister was going through a really rough patch a while ago and I didn't even pick up on it, well Sis did, she knew something was up.
Sis is a talented writer and can draw beautifully, and like me she loves taking photos - probably cause we grew up with a father who was into photography and photographed weddings and functions for a few years.
She always seems to know just when to visit or show up at my door with a little something for me. She makes killer cheescake and salads and she is the glue that hold us siblings together. And she is always riding around visitng us all in her little green car.
Sis is a single mom to a teenager. I think she is doing an amazing job with her child. He is a sweet young man with a wonderful sense of humour and a healthy love of reading and family. I know at times - ok, all times - single parenting is very very hard, but I really take my hat off to her. I don't think I would have coped as well as she is. She never misses a birthday and always has a present. I have many many happy and funny memories growing up with her, she is a blessing and treasure and I would move heaven and earth for her if I could to make life a bit easier for her - not that she moans and complains, but I would. I would pick a star from the sky for her if she asked me to.

Sis, you are so dear to me and I know I don't always take the time to tell you that. All the times we have spent together in shopping centers, or at home watching movies or chatting over coffee are times I really treasure. I want you to know too that no matter what you are going through or dealing with - you can talk to me. I am here for you. If you need a shoulder to cry on, a hug, or just somewhere to hide from the world, I am here for you. Please don't ever feel like you have to go through anything alone - you have done that WAY to many times. I know you have a sore heart and I know you have alot of things you are sorting through right now, but never feel like I have judged you or love you less because of these things - or that I ever will.
Stop judging yourself everytime you look at yourself and start seeing yourself for who you really are. You are a beautiful, strong and talented woman, one that I have looked up to all my life. Never forget that Jesus sees and knows everything you have gone through and He loves you for who you are. All that hurt and pain He can take away - you just have to give it to Him, let Him take it from you. If you have any unforgiveness in your heart, deal with it and give it to Him. Unforgiveness is like a slow poison and it does more harm to you than it does for the one you are harbouring the grudge for. And any unforgiveness you have for yourself, give it to Jesus too. And once you have done that - don't ever pick it up again. If you have forgiven someone for something, don't talk about it again cause then you pick up that unforgiveness again. Just as God never recalls or remembers anything we have asked forgivness for, that is how we should forgive - and if you do it that way you will forget too. I have wanted to share this with you for such a long time and now I finally have. I pray for you all the time.
Don't ever forget how special you are.
I love you

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, thanx SO much spookie! that was really touching... i dunno what i'd do without you either. without any of you. and i know that whenever i need an extra hand or a prayer i can ask you. you love and forgive unconditionally even though i KNOW i've hurt you on occasion! i love you too- stax 'n stax!

Brigitte said...

See, look at how wonderful yo are. Just wanted to remind you, is all.

Anonymous said...

How much more blessed can a mother be than that her children share such love and respect for one another - my cup runneth over! My tears runneth too ..... thanks to you all of you for being indivudually YOU!

Brigitte said...

Mom - We learned from the best!