Thursday, March 30, 2006

THIS IS FOR MY YOUNGER SISTER

My younger sister, I will call her Madam, is 5 years younger than me. From the minute mom brought her home from the hospital I wanted to protect her and hold her and keep her to my self. I still feel like that sometimes. She is a beautiful young woman today and I am very proud of her.
You see Madam has been through a few very difficult things lately. A divorce is one of them but I wont go into detail with the rest. All I can say is she has come out fighting and beating her problems. I know it hasn't been easy for her, and I know she still sometimes doubts her self worth. But to me she is worth more than all the treasures in the entire world.
She is loving and spontaneous and her bubbly nature is what makes her so endearing. She is loved by all who meet her and she has way of being unforgettable. She loves with all her heart.
When she was little she would talk endlessly and sing us songs. She and I shared a room for a quite a while and she had to go to bed before me for a long time because she was younger, but she would pull back and neatly fold my duvet and make it ready for me when I came to bed.
When our oldest sister went out with her friends and we couldn't cause we were still in school she and I would make a HUGE bowl of popcorn and some cooldrink and sit in our room and talk and play games and laugh the night away.
When I moved out she would come and visit me in my flat and we had some fun there too. All my memories of her and I growing up together are mostly funny ones. Though there was a period where Sis and I would chase her away and not want to play with her cause she was too small, and I regret having done that now - I often wish I could go back and do things differently.
Madam has brought an overwhelming and completely irresistable love and joy to my life since the first time I saw her. She is a precious sister, a jewel, a treasure and I know that if it had been me going through what she has, I wouldn't have made it. She is so strong and wont give up until she wins. I admire her and I am proud of her - so proud I don't have words to say, just a huge lump in my throat.

Madam,
you tell me all the time you love me and I dont always get the chance to tell you what you mean to me. Well now I have told the whole world. You are one of the most beautiful people I know in soul and mind. I always want to tell you these things but when I get a chance and I want to start to tell you I get all choked up and then I want to cry - it is easier for me to tell you like this, because I dont have to talk. :-)
I am so, so, so, proud of you for how far you have come since June. I love having the old you back and I love that you are still here to make my life full the way you do. I cannot imagine life without you. I can't wait to create more happy and funny memories with you on our holiday. You have made me stop and look at life in a different way, you made me realise how precious and short our time together is and I plan to make it a blessed time filled with laughter and love.
You were always the laughter in our family, you were noisy and lively and bubbly, and you still have the nack of walking into a place and bringing everyone to life! Don't you ever change, you hear me, EVER. You are just perfect to me the way you are and I hope that when you look at yourself in the mirror you will see the beautiful woman that God created and be filled with His eternal joy. Here this is for you:

Rolling River God,
Little stones are smooth
Only once the water passes through.
So I am a stone,
Rough and grainy stone.
Trying to reconcile this river’s chill.

But when I close my eyes
And feel You rushing by
I know that time brings change
And change takes time
And when the sunset comes
My prayer would be this one
That You might pick me up
And notice that I am
Just a little smoother
In Your hand

Sometimes raging wild
Sometimes swollen high
But never have I known this river dry.
The deepest part of You
Is where I want to stay.
And feel the sharpest edges wash away

And when I close my eyes
And feel You rushing by
I know that time brings change
And change takes time.
And when the sunset comes
My prayer will be just one
That You might pick me up
And notice that I am
Just a little smoother
In Your hand

Rolling River God,
Little stones are smooth
Only once the water passes through.

Nicole Nordeman

I love you Madam, you are very special.

5 comments:

Terri said...

Hey you, I've just read both your posts to your sisters and I can only say they are very lucky to have you; you are very luck to have each other. I have one older and one younger sister too, and this has made me all teary cos I love and miss my sisters too.
:-)

Brigitte said...

Hi! Missed you.

I have to say that those of us who do have sisters and know what a treasure and a blessing they are, are truly blessed. I always have two best friends and people to vist. My life is always full of love.

Funny the similarities between you and me, both got older and younger sisters and both married to men who have been married before, and we both have step children.
(Just thought I'd mention that.)
Pretty cool I'd say!!

Terri said...

Ja, I noticed that too :-)

Terri said...

Plus, we're both gorgeous!!!
;-)

Brigitte said...

Oh yes - Total BABES!!!