Friday, March 24, 2006

OH THE JOY OF FREEDOM!!!

Yesterday I remembered something Donovan did as a baby of about 2 yrs old. We had just moved him from his cot into a bed. This meant he could get out and walk around if he wanted to... which I never thought of actually.

One particular morning my hubby called me to the bathroom telling me to "come and look at something quickly!". He showed me little heaps of white powder in the bathroom and the dining room. We were very puzzled and on closer inspection discovered they were little heaps of washing powder. I went to the bathroom where my washing machine stood and I found the washing powder container standing in the middle of the bathroom floor and almost all of it was spilled out around it. What lead me to the culprit however was the little trail of footprints in the washing powder - one set leading out and another leading back in. What I could tell from the evidence was that he had walked back and forth with the scoop of the washing powder and left little heaps of it all over. What I couldn't find was the scoop.
I went to his bed and found him fast asleep holding the scoop to his face as one would a teddy as if nothing had happened.

My husband and I had to laugh. Obviously he had realised that he was not "trapped" in his cot anymore when he had woken up through the night, (and I always left a light on for the kids in case they wanted to go and drink water or something.) and so he went and played a lovely game all on his own in the wee hours of the morning with mommy's washing powder. And when he got tired of his game he promptly went back to bed with his beloved toy (my scoop) and slept happily.
Free of the bars of his cot he could do what he liked and go back to bed when he was tired. Funny little boy :-)

And once he felt he had to set my eggs free too and when I came to the kitchen he was standing in front of the fridge taking one egg at a time and throwing it on the floor - I think was up to number six when I found him, I guess he dropped one by accident and was so fascinated by result of a dropped egg that he wanted to see it again and again. At least he didn't go and sit in the sticky goo - but had I not found him sooner - he just may have done that.

6 comments:

Terri said...

lol! Actually I can see the fascination with dropping the eggs - I have so far in life only managed to drop one (really good going for a klutz like me, I should add) and they really do make a wonderful sound when they hit the deck!

Brigitte said...

Terri - I can too. I just hate trying to clean raw eggs of the floor, they just get so sticky and the more you clean the further the mess spreads!

Oh and dont worry - I have broken maaaannnnyy eggs in my lifetime. Once i dropped a whole carton of eggs - of which only two were unbroken, out of 12-heh. So NOW who's the klutz!?

Terri said...

Eesh! OK, you win, lol!

Anonymous said...

You brought back the memory of Cleo and Brutus not wanting to lick up the 18 eggs I dropped on the floor 'cos they might get dipped or de-wormed .... remember that episode? Ha ha haaaaa

Brigitte said...

Granny Glen -LOL!! Yes I remeber that, silly dogs!

Brigitte said...

Granny Glen - LOVE to see your name here!! It makes my day!!!