Friday, January 26, 2007

OVERWHELMING LOVE...

SHADOW OF YOUR WINGS

HERE I STAND,
IN THE SHADOW OF YOUR WINGS
BRING A HUMBLE OFFERING
TO YOUR THRONE OF GRACE
WHERE YOU BECKON ME,
COME IN
AND WE’RE JOINED IN SCARED TONGUE
YOUR HEART & MINE

NO MORE WORDS
TO DESCRIBE THE WAY I FEEL
WHEN I THINK OF ALL YOU’VE DONE FOR ME
ALL I CAN SAY,

IS THAT I LOVE YOU
YES I LOVE YOU
THIS WORLD MAY FADE AWAY
BUT MY LOVE FOR YOU REMAINS
LORD I LOVE YOU
YES I LOVE YOU
WITH ALL MY HEART AND ALL MY SOUL
YES I LOVE YOU.

When this song played on the radio the other day I had been longing for such a long time after the presence of God and felt I was distant from him. I know that this song came straight from Him. I suddenly found myself swept up in his overwhelming love and was simply singing along with the words - "Lord I Love You, with all my heart and all my soul" I was moved to tears and spent most of the rest of the day just quietly worshipping him and spending time with him. I had again entered His presence I had so longed for and I was home. This song will always be special to me. My heart is joined to His and it is the most satisfying love I will ever experience.

Psa 36:7-10 How precious is your steadfast love, O God! The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings. They feast on the abundance of your house, and you give them drink from the river of your delights. For with you is the fountain of life; in your light do we see light. Oh, continue your steadfast love to those who know you, and your righteousness to the upright of heart!

7 comments:

Masked Rabbit said...

Spookie, So pleased you had that special time with God. It's wonderful when we have that sense of His Presence.

kpjara said...

That's so cool!

There is this song from the musical "Rock and the Rabbi" in which Peter sings that the whole time he thought he was waiting for the Messiah...the Messiah was actually waiting for HIM!

God waits for us...awesome thought!

Susan said...

Don't you love that feeling of finding an Oasis in the Desert??? May God's precious spirit continue to wash over your soul.

I'm here today via CWO blogring.

Blessings.

:-) Susan

AngelConradie said...

beautiful spookie, awe inspiring!

Kelly said...

Awesome~

the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

That is truly beautiful!!!!

Hope you had a great weekend?

Brigitte said...

Bunny Girl - It is very special being in His presence.

Kim - That is an awesome thought. And He waits so patiently too... He is So good.

Sussan - Hello!! And welcome. I love the way you put that - "oasis in the desert". May His Spirit wash over you too - fresh and new!! Thanks for visiting - I will be by your blog soon.

Angel, Marge - Thank you - All glroy to God! For he is the Truly Awesome one.

NMOTB - Thanks. I had a good weekend!! Hope yours was good too.