Tuesday, January 09, 2007

HOLIDAY STUFF

Just to fill you all in on whats been happening while I've been away. If you have read Angels blog you will know she had a birthday and that I threw a little party for her - for her birthday, which she didn't really know about. I decorated the entire place with ballons and streamers (extremers - as Donovan calls them) and there was food for Africa!! Sweets, chips, a flopped cake which I cut into blocks and iced, a quiche, cookies - everything you can imagine. And of course a birthday cake which I iced with Caramel - less fuss lol.
Some pictures for your enjoyment:


And Angel was given some fairy wings, a tiara and a wand to wear / hold just to make her feel a little extra special. It was such fun to do to and the streamers and things looked so pretty I would'nt mind having them up there permanently!!

It was a fun day and Angel stayed till late and we watched The Huntchback of Notre Dam (I think thats the correct spelling) which was one of my christmas pressies - I want to colllect all the animated movies cause i just love them so much.

During the course of my holiday I noticed a new young resident in my garden, she is very little still and I began feeding her and caring for her. I call it "her" cause I have no idea if it is male or female, but just so cute. It's a baby turtle dove, she can fly so I haven't caught her but she stays in the garden and comes when I call her for food. She is rather silly though because she sleeps on the ground and not in a tree and I am afraid she will get into harms way like that, but I am afraid if I chase her she may not return. Last night though she was not looking well at all - she was breathing very hard - almost panting and this morning when I checked on her she was still asleep at 7:00 in the morning (not normal for a bird I don't think) and she was terribly off balance. I have become so attached to her and I am worried about her now. I am now considering in fact keeping her in a box inside for a while to see if I can help her get better... but I don't know. I just hope she is ok. She sleeps on our veranda behind the camping chairs leaning in the corner - isn't that sweet? Here are some pictures of her. None of them are zoomed in - I can get this close to her.
















The last picture I took of her this morning, when she was looking quite unwell. I hope she will be ok. Oh and I have named her Val - cause it's a name that kinda goes both ways and cause she reminded me a little of Valiant - the little pigeon from the movie cause she is so little still.

Donovan had a birthday, he turned seven on saturday and we had a party for him too. Nothing major - about the same as Angels, only he didn't want any extremers up ... don't know why though. Here are some birthday photos :
























And of course there was a lot of swimming throughout the holiday too. Donovan has now learned to dive and do a backflip in the pool. He is doing very well. Tomorrow will be his forst day at school, I wish I knew what he was feeling and thinking.





















Thats all for now folks. If you go and check out "Pictures of my life" I plan to put up some Chritmas pics and some New year pics and some of the kids just having a jol!!

Bye for now

Edited to say:
Sadly my little bird Val didn't make it. She died this morning, but I thought she was looking very ill this morning, I didn't think she would make it. Poor little thing.

2 comments:

AngelConradie said...

it was a jol and a half- thanx for my party sis!

kpjara said...

Val was blessed to have known you!

I'm so glad you're back...I've missed reading over here!