Tuesday, January 30, 2007

LOSS OF A PRECIOUS FRIEND

Today is a sad day for my little sister.

Madam, my heart just breaks for you today and I wish I was with you right now where you are. I pray that God will comfort you in this time of sadness and loss. M was one of the most beautiful people I had met in a long time - and even though he was sick he never let it get in the way of life. Your life is richer because he was a part of it, and his friendship and love will always be alive in your heart. I love you.

Madam sent this out in an e-mail message this morning:

Hello all,
This morning, a very very very very dear friend and forever blood brother of mine passed away. He was so very close to my heart and I loved him just like I would a brother. We saw him through his struggles when his heart condition first started, saw him get stronger, then weaker, then super strong again.
We spent super special times together, and he will live on in my heart and memories as one of the best friends a girl could have.
Although I have not had contact with him for a while now, his memory lives on as strong as what it would have been if I saw him every day.
One of my fondest memories was when in his weak state he picked up his guitar and played for me at my wedding.
Our very special and loving freind, M, we love you and we will miss you so very much. The world could do with more people like him.
This is from me to M and his family



GOD'S GARDEN
(Author Unknown)

God looked around His garden
And found an empty place.
He then looked upon the earth
And saw your tired face.

He put His arm around you
And lifted you to rest.
God's garden must be beautiful
He always takes the best.

He knew that you were suffering.
He knew you were in pain.
He knew that you would never
Get well on earth again.

He saw the road was getting rough,
And the hills were hard to climb.
So He closed your eyelids,
And whispered, "Peace be thine."

It broke our hearts to lose you,
But you didn't go alone.
For part of us went with you
The day God called you Home.

8 comments:

the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Aw, that is so sad and such a beautiful poem!!! It is never easy losing the ones we love!!!!! Please send my hugs to C!

Susan said...

So sad when we lose someone we love. Praying for this loss.

Blessings.

Susan

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your sister's loss. It is so hard to loose people that a close to our heart.

The poem is beautiful - thank you for sharing it.

Blessings on your day and always...

Tiffany said...

That is such a beautiful poem, I could picture your sister's friend smiling peacefully with God while reading it. So sorry to hear about your sister's loss.

AngelConradie said...

[[[hugs]]]

Brigitte said...

NMOTB - I will do that. Thank you.

Susan - Thank you so much. God bless you too.

Iris - It is hard. But in Christ we can. Blessings to you too.

Lily - HI!! Wonderful to see you here! Thank you for your beautiful comment. God Bless you.

Angel - Thanks - I needed that.

Unknown said...

Please extend my sincere condolences to your sister. I am sorry for the loss you are all feeling. xox

Brigitte said...

Dawn - I will certainly do this. Thank you!