Tuesday, November 14, 2006

UNFOLDING ROSEBUD


Today when I read Diane's blog I was reminded of this poem. I do not know who wrote it, but it is so true...









Unfolding Rosebud

It is only a tiny rosebud
A flower of God's design
But I cannot unfold the petals
With these clumsy hands of mine.
The secret of unfolding flowers
Is not known to such as I
God opens this flower so sweetly
When in my hands they die.
If I cannot unfold a rosebud
This flower of God's design
Then how can I have the wisdom
To unfold this life of mine?
So I'll trust in Him for leading
Each moment of my day
I will look to Him for His guidance
Each step of the pilgrim way.
The pathway that lies before me
Only my Heavenly Father knows
I'll trust Him to unfold the moments
Just as He unfolds the rose.
Anonymous



Aren't these Blue Roses exquisite!?

Does anyone know if there really is such a flower?

9 comments:

Terri said...

Wow, they are simply stunning!
I actually saw blue roses here once - really pretty. I think they do it by feeding them water with some sort of dye in it. Don't quote me on that though - it could've been one of Hubby's "if you don't know the answer make it up" moments!

Brigitte said...

Really! Were they as blue as these? Coloured water could probably do the trick, sounds logical... to me anyway.

Kelly said...

Wow! You have no idea how much I needed to read that. I am really having a rough time right now.

David Edward said...

i found this on wikipedia:after 13 years of joint research by an Australian company Florigene, and Japanese company Suntory, a blue rose was created in 2004 using genetic engineering. The delphinidin gene was cloned from the petunia and inserted into a mauve-blend rose, the Old Garden Rose 'Cardinal de Richelieu.' (a Rosa gallica) However, since the pigment cyanidin was still present, the rose was more dark burgundy than true blue. Further work on the rose using RNAi technology to depreses the production of cyanidin produced a very dark mauve plant, with only trace amounts of cyanidin.

Blue roses traditionally signify mystery or attaining the impossible.

David Edward said...

ps. i am having a group therapy sesion of sorts on my blog;
Discuss depression, ADD and SAD seasonal affective disorder
recommend resources, books and therapuetic approaches to any of these.

kpjara said...

WoW! No matter how they got that blue...they are beautiful!

Unknown said...

Beautiful words ... as were happy's in the previous post ... made me go *sob*gulp*sob. Hugs to you. xox
p.s. that is the 'happy' I'm thinking it is, right?

AngelConradie said...

i wish they did exist- they're beautiful!
another lovely post, sis, thanx!

Brigitte said...

Marge - That is wonderful. I am glad it encouraged you a little.

David - That is interesting. It is probably going to be a while before they get them "true blue" though. And I will stop by your blog and check out your discussion. Thanks for the invite...

Kim - Aren't they just! I so want a bush of blue roses in my garden...

Dawn - Yes, that was the *Happy* you are thinking of. Those were beautiful words, he is such a special man.

Angel - So do I. And thank YOU.