Monday, November 06, 2006

A SUCCESSFUL SURPRISE

On Friday my hubby came home from a business trip which had taken him away from home for the whole week. I had already decided last weekend to prepare a little surprise for him upon his return on Friday night.
I asked my mom if she would help by fetching the kids on Friday afternoon – as early as she possibly could*, and she got them at around four in the afternoon. I collected rose petals all week from some ladies at work and also from mom. (She threw a packet of yellow petals over the wall when she got the kids! LOL!!) to sprinkle here and there.


Now I had planned to leave work at around three on Friday so I could go home and prepare everything when Hubby phoned and said he would be home at around three!! I told him that he was not allowed home before four, and that he was not to ask questions. He reluctantly agreed – but I knew his curiosity would only spur him on to get home. So I said a little prayer and asked God to delay him in any way he possibly could. Not long after that my darling Hubby phoned me to tell me there was a HUGE road block out of nowhere with one entire side of the road stopped at a time. YES!! Thank You Lord! Needless to say he only got home at about five that afternoon and I had time to get organized.
I set the table for a dinner for two with candles and wine and sprinkled rose petals over the settings. I sprinkled rose petals down the passage and in the room and on the bed - of course. I put on some soft music and in the process I found the C.D with our wedding song on it. I haven’t listened to it for the longest time and I decided to wait until he got home to listen to it.
I also had decided not to cook as it was just too hot. I ordered a pizza and made a lovely salad. The wine had been chilling since the day before and I put in the ice bucket with some ice. Lit the candles and waited patiently for his arrival.
He already knew something was up cause I had told him not to come home before four, but he was still pleasantly surprised when he got home. It was good to see him, I had really missed him since Tuesday.

We poured some cold-drinks and sat out in the garden enjoying the shade and the quietness of the afternoon together. Then I played him our song and it brought back some very special memories for us both, and let’s just say there were some tears shed in a very tender moment. We had a wonderful romantic evening together and I know it is something I will definitely do again. I will not wait so long before I surprise my hubby like that again he deserves it and so much more.

Here are the words to our wedding song, you will see why they are so very special:

The Colour of My Love
I’ll paint my moods in shades of blue
Paint my soul to be with you
I’ll sketch your lips in shaded tones
Draw your mouth to my own
I’ll draw your arms around my waist
Then all doubt I shall erase
I'll paint the rain that softly lands on the window pane

I'll trace a hand to wipe your tears
A look to calm your fears
A silhouette of dark and light
While we hold each other, oh so tight

I’ll paint a sun to warm your heart
Swearing that we’ll never part
That’s the colour of my love
I’ll paint the truth, show how I feel
Try to make you completely real
I’ll use a brush so light and fine
To draw you close
And make you mine

I’ll paint a sun to warm your heart
Swearing that we’ll never, ever part
That’s the colour of my love
I’ll draw the years all passing by
So much to learn, so much to try

And with this ring
Our lives will start
Swearing that we’ll never part
I offer what you cannot buy
Devoted love, Until we die

Ok, even typing these words made me cry. It still echoes exactly what I envisioned for our lives together.

My Babe, I love you. You fill my heart and make me happy and whole. These words were never just pretty words for me; they speak what’s in my heart, the things I didn’t know how to put into words. I am, and always will be devoted to you; you are the love of my life.















*Thanks Mom & Dad for your help, the evening was very special

5 comments:

AngelConradie said...

what a beautiful song sis!
on friday night mommy & daddy darling had ALL the grandsons for the night- mommy darling told me you had something special planned- and i was SO tempted to pick up da bruvva and sil and come and ring your doorbell! i figured you probably wouldn't answer but i wanted to do it anyway just to give you a "buzz"!

the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

That is so saweet! Lol at Angel!

gail said...

What a lovely thing to plan as a surprise, Spookie.
We do need to celebrate love and never take it for granted.

That Angel is one wicked woman!!!

Brigitte said...

angel - Mom said she had fun with all the boys!! And I am very grateful you didn't come-a-knocking!! LOL!!

NMOTB - She is a nutter hey!?

Gail - That's right, a strong loving relationship takes alot of work!

She's terrible!! LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh, that's lovely and very special