Thursday, September 25, 2008

MY BLISSFUL DAY OFF!!

Yesterday was a public holiday. A day off in the middle of the week. A little oasis in the middle of huge dry desert (that’s my work). And I took full advantage – especially since my husband is away for the week and I could spend some time on me!

I went and did my grocery shopping – a.l.o.n.e. without my hubby – I had all the time in the world to look at stuff, compare prices, and not run through the store like a crazy lady begging (yelling) her husband to just hang on a few seconds. Or running after the trolley with arms full of stuff cause he’s buggered off down the next isle somewhere. And then getting to the till to find two of everything in the trolley cause neither knows from one isle to the next who’s putting what into it!

I could shop as loooooong as I wanted which is a real luxury for me. I could shop like all women LOVE to shop – on my own time! Why do men hate shopping so much?

When I came home I pampered myself a little. After all that shopping I needed it!! I coloured my hair. I shaped (plucked) and tinted my eyebrows. I gave myself a facial – mask and all. I painted my toenails and French manicured my fingernails. I blow dried and styled my hair and then I lay and vegetated in my room watching the telly.

There was nothing good on – but still it was nice to just lie there looking gorgeous and doing nothing, nibbling a chocolate and drinking a glass of wine!!

I think I missed my calling – professional shopper and beautician. Anyone need the hair, nails or eyebrows done? I can give you a facial too.

Hopefully the “gorgeousness” will last till he gets back on Monday – I don’t have another day off to redo it all…

Although there is Saturday, but I have a lot of washing etc to do… then there’s Sunday, I am sure I could do another round of pampering on Sunday…

1 comment:

AngelConradie said...

i am so impressed with you taking the car out!