Thursday, September 11, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!

Does anybody want a 15 year old? (He will be 16 in Feb) You can have him for free, I won’t ask for payment. He has is a GEM of a child, with lots of perks. Here, I’ll list them for you to wet your appetites a bit…

- There are guaranteed mood swings and grumpiness.
- He will never say hello, thank you or good morning. (Even though you have taught it to him since he was little)
- He will probably punch holes in your doors when he looses his temper over something stupid like bumping his head or spilling something on himself.
- He has no regard for rules whatsoever, and will blatantly disobey them – no matter how explicitly you lay them and the consequences of breaking them out for him.
- He will never lift a finger around the house and if he does (after you have asked him like 100 000 000 000 000 times to do something) it is a HUGE effort for him and takes forever.
- And homework and studying for tests is ALL left to the very last minute - or just not done at all.

Now, I ask you doesn’t he just sound like the perfect child? He is 100% rebellious and unpleasant all the time, and he thinks believes he is always right.

Ok. Let me get serious for a moment. I am not really going to give my son away (I mean, I am sure the people will be breaking down my door to have him…). No, I am going to do what Bree did in Desperate Housewives and drive him out to some forsaken garage in the middle of the Karoo desert and leave him there to do whatever he wants with himself.

I am just feeling SO utterly “moedeloos”*. My husband has been away this week on business and since Monday, there have been non stop issues with this kid. I removed his bedroom door on Tuesday evening because he punched a hole in my bathroom door on Monday. Then on Tuesday he was at his friend’s house (which he knows is not allowed) – and I had to speak to him about that too on Tuesday evening and remind him that the rules are no friends during the week. No having friends over and no going to friends’ house. Fridays is ok – then there is a bit of freedom to do that, but Monday to Thursday it is not allowed. And I had to lay out some kind of punishment that will take place if this rule is not obeyed.

Yesterday (Wednesday) I discover (after 8:00pm only) that the one bedroom window is broken. He had had a friend over and there were silly games played in the house and someone got pushed and fell back into the window. Now, thank God no one was hurt – it could have been an absolute disaster had that happened. But the fact remains – none of this would have happened if the rules had been obeyed, right? If he had shown just a modicum of respect and obedience – this would not have happened. I wouldn’t be all upset, I wouldn’t have had to punish anyone and there wouldn’t be a “vibe” around the house.


(I am the cause of the vibe though because I am so totally PISSED OFF!!!)

erm….

So now, not only does he not have a bedroom door, but he has no cell-phone, his bedtime has been moved back an hour and there will be no going to play soccer on the weekends with friends – for the rest of this month. And I think we will put him into the Primary School Aftercare Center too so he wont be able to come home alone everyday anymore either. See, when I spoke to him on Tuesday I told him that I would take away ALL his privileges if he didn’t stick to the rules, and he said he didn’t have any. Well, now he really doesn’t have any and we will see how he feels about that.

I have absolutely had it! And all of this in THREE days – I am ready to just move to another town, no city, no continent! Either that or send him to another planet.

My offer still stands – any takers, anybody….

* It is an Afrikaans term used here in South Africa to express that you are absolutely hopeless – it just doesn’t sound as good as “moedeloos”.






~~published on behalf of an internet access-less Brigitte by her sister Angel~~

No comments: