Friday, September 26, 2008

5 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT SOUTH AFRICA

Angel over at Angels Mind wrote a post about this on her blog and because she did it “late” she didn’t tag anyone. But I decided I wanted to do my own post for this anyway. Now I haven’t seen any of the other bloggers, except hers (cause I get an e-mail version) who have put up this post so I don’t know how repetitive mine will be. In no specific order, these are the things I love about living in and being a South African!

Our language and “slang” – For example: “I can like to haff a lekka chat wiff anudder souf effrikun en he can like to unnerstan ikzakly wot I’m saying. We like to gooi a cow on the braai and gooi somma anything else we want in the mix too. And its mos the best thing to bump into another Souf Effrikun innanother country (you can tell it’s a Souf Affie from the Sprinkgbok jersey, cap, scarf, t-shirt etc…) and yell BOKKE! at one each other.”

We don’t live in apartments, we don’t have elevators or traffic lights we live in flats we use lifts and we have ROBOTS on our streets!! And anything can happen “now now”… We are going now-now, I am coming now-now. When? Now-now! Dis mos lekka!

Our Rugby team!! Especially Victor Matfield – oh baby!! We are the current World Champs, and I love the Bokke!!

Our Wines – We have got some fabulous wineries and wine and wine routes in this country.

The Big 5 - Who can top that? The Lion, Leopard, Elephant, Buffalo and Rhino. No other country has anything like them.

And our Radio Stations – 5FM, 94.7 Highveld Stereo and 94.2 Jacaranda, 103FM Impact Radio and Tuks FM to name a few. I love the DJ’s and the music. Lots of South African music as well as world wide hits and awesome competitions! I have won a few times on the radio myself. I think we have the best Radio stations in the world. Granted I have never experienced other countries radio stations – but from feedback I have heard from people visiting other countries – there is nothing like S.A Radio!

We have it all in this country, and that’s why I love it here and the reason I am Proudly South African.

2 comments:

AngelConradie said...

lank cool list mah sis!!!


:D

Mel said...

Hi, good to have u back. I am also the Lordy sister of a blogger and we enjoy blogging and being able to give the 2 different views. You have an awesome family. Or should I say.... I smaak your family and rate your sus. She is lank cool and a total winner kief chick. Even your ma is n oulike ding and your boet looks lekker smekker in the photies.