Wednesday, September 17, 2008

AMAZING LOVE!!!

God and I have our very own song!! It’s really so cool. Every time I hear it I say “Here’s our song Lord!” it is significant because He spoke to me through this particular song. I heard his voice say the words “I love you” as clear as a bell when I heard it the one day.

I was so moved by it that I was brought to my knees in a heap of tears. His presence was so powerful and so consuming that I was completely oblivious to the rest of the world – for just those few minutes I was lost in His love completely!

Oh what an experience – that has brought me to long for him more and more and to find myself in is presence whenever I can. A guy who preached at church on Sunday put it like this: It’s not that we have to read our bibles – we get to read it. It’s not that we have to pray it that we get to have communication with God – what privileges!!

And now I can think of nothing better and of no better place to be than in his presence. I am completely addicted to Him.

Remember the first time you fell in love? Remember how you lived to hear your new lover’s voice, or feel his touch or read his love letters? That’s how I am in love with Jesus. He is the be all and end all of my life. He is the lover of my soul! And it’s a good thing because when we love and are loved by him we are able to love others more completely and unconditionally.

You see, he knows absolutely everything there is to know about me. He knows every dark little secret and every private dream and every hope and every hurt and every single tear and fear. He has seen the very depths of my heart – yet he still loves me 100% unconditionally. There is nothing I can do or have to do to earn his love.

He knew me even before I was forming in my mother’s womb. He had a plan for my life and he had prepared good works for me even before I was created. He watched me forming in the darkness of the womb end even then he loved me.

His love is an all consuming, mind blowing, terrifying love. It never ends and it has no beginning. It covers over a multitude of wrongs and comforts and strengthens me. There is none that can ever compare to him. He holds my heart firmly in his hands

This is the song that I am talking about. It is still “Our Song”.

"When You Say You Love Me"

Like the sound of silence calling
I hear your voice and suddenly
I'm falling, lost in a dream.
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting
You say those words and my heart stops beating.
I wonder what it means.
What could it be that comes over me?
At times I can't move.
At times I can hardly breathe.

When you say you love me
The world goes still, so still inside and
When you say you love me
For a moment, there's no one else alive

You're the one I've always thought of.
I don't know how, but I feel sheltered in your love.
You're where I belong.
And when you're with me if I close my eyes,
There are times I swear I feel like I can fly
For a moment in time.
Somewhere between the Heavens and Earth
Frozen in time, Oh when you say those words.

When you say you love me
The world goes still, so still inside and
When you say you love me
For a moment, there's no one else alive

[bridge:]
And this journey that we're on.
How far we've come and I celebrate every moment.
And when you say you love me
That's all you have to say.
I'll always feel this way.

When you say you love me
The world goes still, so still inside and
When you say you love me
In that moment, I know why I'm alive
When you say you love me.

When you say you love me.
Do you know how I love you?

Thank you Jesus for loving me.

I love you!!

No comments: