Wednesday, June 27, 2007

BRRRRRRRR

It has snowed in JHB, here are some pictures of the areas in JHB that had snow last night. We had rain last night and I live in the last town before you hit Midrand and today it is freezing outside. My husband works in Roodepoort and when he got there this morning he phoned me very excited to tell me there was snow everywhere!! People who live that side and drive here to work had cars covered in snow! Places like Alberton, Auckland Park, Germiston – the whole of JHB had snow!! Check out theses pictures.

My sister says they had about 5cm of snow on their plot!! She says it is SO beautiful and she didn't want to go to work, she wanted to stay in her winter wonderland for a while. LOL!!






9 comments:

AngelConradie said...

and its even colder tonight!!!

Ben O. said...

And I thought Denver was cold.

I would actually prefer that to the heat since our car's air conditioner went out on us.

Great pictures - Ben O.

Soul Reflections said...

You're the exact opposite of our weather! We just battled 101 degrees farhenheit yesterday and huge thunderstorms. We were without electricity for 8 hours. Make a snowman for me!

A Captured Reflection said...

Oooh brrrr, it's as cold as here, but not that cold. I just felt chilly looking at the snow. Looks pretty and reminds me of building snowmen when I lived in the UK - aaah, now I'm homesick again...then again it is summer in the UK now, so that feeling 'melts' away.

Kelly said...

The snow looks wonderful!

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Oh my! It has been in the upper 90's here, and we are in a severe drought.
My kids are going to croak when I tell them that I have a blogger friend who lives in South Africa! I am thinking it's pretty cool myself as I sit here this morning...:)
We are in Alabama, US

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Hi Brigitte..I can't find the link to your email address on your profile but mine is
westiecrew6 at bellsouth dot net
Feel free to email me whenever. :)

A Captured Reflection said...

I have nominated you for an award - see my entry on Reflections.

Julie said...

Hi

I live in the UK and Karen the feeling hasn't 'melted away!!' It's freezing, well chilly. I have the heating on and it's July - so much for the hottest summer on record we were promised.

Julie x