Tuesday, April 10, 2007

SUNDAY'S ON THE WAY...

I wanted to post this on Saturday – but I had this saved on my office computer so I couldn’t. But anyway, it still follows on from what I posted last week.

Also written by Carmen – this paints a pretty vivid picture….

SUNDAY’S ON THE WAY
The demons were planning on
having a party one night
Yea they were.
They got beer, Jack Daniels, some pretzels
a little red wine and some white.
They were celebrating how they crucified
Christ on that tree.

But Satan – the snake himself
wasn’t so at ease.
Well he took his crooked finger and
he dialed the phone by his bed
Yea he did.
To call an old faithful friend who’d know
for sure if is He was dead.
He said
“Grave, Grave tell me,
did my plan fail?”

Old Grave just laughed and said
“Oh man. The dude is dead as nails.”

On Friday night they crucified the Lord on Calvary
But He said “Don’t dread, in 3 days
I’m gonna live again, you’ll see.”
When problems try to bury you
and make it hard to pray
it may seem like Friday night….
But Sunday’s on the way!

A tranquiliser and a horror flick
could not calm Satan’s fear.
So Saturday night he calls up the Grave
scared of what he’d hear.
“Hey Grave, what’s goin on?”
Grave said
“Man look, you’ve called me twice.
And I’ll tell you one more again boss,
the Jew’s on ice.”

The devil said “Hey Grave, do you remember
when old Lazarus was in his grave?
You see, everything was cool, but then four days later
boom – old Lazarus he was raised.
Now this Jesus He is much more trouble than
anyone has ever been to me – and look Grave
He’s got ol’ devil shook, cause this man said He
only gonna be dead for three.”

On Friday night they crucified the Lord on Calvary
But He said “Don’t dread, in 3 days
I’m gonna live again, you’ll see.”
When problems try to bury you
and make it hard to pray
it may seem like Friday night….
But Sunday’s on the way!

Sunday morning Satan woke with a jump
ready to blow a fuse.
He was shaking from the tips of his pointed ears
to the toes of his pointy shoes.
He said
“Grave tell me is He alive? I don’t
wanna lose my neck.”
And Grave said
“Your evilness, maintain your cool
Devil – you are a wreck!”
Grave said
“Cool your jets Big D, my sting is still
in tact. You see Jesus is dead forever, take it from
the Grave brother – He ain’t never coming back. So just
ummm, mellow out man, just go drink up or shoot up
but look devil, just leave old grave alone.
Right homey, I’ll catch you la…
La….
Oh no…
OH NO!
OH NOOOOOOO!!!!!!
OH NO!!!
SOMEBODY’S MESSING WITH THE STONE!!!!!

Then the stone was rolled away
and it bounced a time or two.
And an angel stepped inside and said
“Yo, I’m Gabriel, who are you?
If you’re wondering where the Lord is at this very hour,
I tell you He’s alive and well with RESURRECTION POWER!!!!”

On Friday night they crucified the Lord on Calvary
But He said
“Don’t dread” He said “In 3 days
you can even count them boys,
I’m gonna be King again, you’ll see!”
When problems try to bury you
and make it hard to pray.
It may seem like Friday night….
but I said Sunday…
I’m here to tell you Sunday..
The devil hates Sunday -
Cause Jesus rose from the grave
on a Sunday Morning

And Sunday is here to stay!!

I trust you all had a very blessed and special Easter. Remembering not only that Jesus died for us – but more importantly that He ROSE from the grave. He conquered sin and death, and that is why we will have life everlasting with Him!!

Praise the Lord!!

3 comments:

David Edward said...

Yay! Jesus wins.
just as it should be

A Captured Reflection said...

I have nominated you for the Thinking Blogger award - see my latest posting :-)

http://prayingkaren.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I love this song. I turn it up loud and sign at the top of my lungs. It Rocks!