Wednesday, February 07, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLOGGIE!!

TODAY MY BLOG IS 1 YEAR OLD!!

I love blogging and I especially love the amazing women I have come into contact with. I remember when I started out I was a little intimidated by all the other amazing blogs out there and the beautiful templates and I felt that mine was not quite going tomeasure up - but after a year I am proud of my blog, and of myself.

Thank you to everyone who visits and comments - YOU are the ones who make my blogging so exciting and so meaningful.

mmmmwaaa!!



Now, on a completely different note...

I was going to save this for another post - but I decided it could not wait till then. I watched a movie last night and it was absolutely amazing. It is called Faith Like Potatoes and it is a South African movie. But let me tell you it is a MUST see. If you have not seen it then you really have to get it and watch it. I took this off the web site for the movie:

Frank Rautenbach leads a strong cast as Angus Buchan, a Zambian farmer of Scottish heritage, who leaves his farm in the midst of political unrest and racially charged land reclaims and travels south with his family to start a better life in KwaZulu Natal, South Africa. With nothing more than a caravan on a patch of land, and help from his foreman, Simeon Bhengu, the Buchan family struggle to settle in a new country. Faced with ever mounting challenges, hardships and personal turmoil, Angus quickly spirals down into a life consumed by anger, fear and destruction. Based on the inspiring true story by Angus Buchan the book was adapted for the big screen by Regardt van den Bergh and weaves together the moving life journey of a man who, like his potatoes, grows his faith, unseen until the harvest.
Angus Buchan wrote and published the book “Faith like Potatoes” in 1998 which continues to touch people from all age groups, social groups, background and cultures as is evident by its continued sales and the number of emails, faxes and letters Angus receives from readers on a daily basis. Angus and his wife, Jill continue to live on their farm 'Shalom'
in KwaZulu Natal, where they are actively involved in the community, serving as a fantastic working model for any African farm. They run a Children’s Home for abandoned or orphaned children on the farm, a project that has been going for over ten years and they oversee the running of a 200-pupil school that is situated nearby.

You have to do yourselves a favour and watch this movie. Your life will be indelibly changed forever. I know mine has, it is available on the internet if you want to order it. I recommend it strongly.

11 comments:

AngelConradie said...

I'M FIRST!!! I'M FIRST!!! BAPPY BLOGDAY SPOOKIE!
hhmmm... i reckon we must come up with a word for this- or is there one?
love you madly- and i'm proud of you too!

Anonymous said...

Happy bloggerbirthday sweetie pie -your inspiration and faithfulness is so meaningful to me. What a blessing you are to SO many! I love you soooooooo much! God bless you sweetheart - Mommy Darling

Soul Reflections said...

Happy happy birthday!

Masked Rabbit said...

Happy Blog birthday Spookie. Congratulations and what a great blog it is too - full of fun and inspiration

Dino said...

hi there,

angel said to come over and say happy anniversary

Tiffany said...

Happy blogbirthday Spookie! I love reading your posts even though I just started and haven't been around for the last year :) Please keep blogging and sharing.

the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Hey Spooks, Happy Blogbirthday!!!!!! Your blog birthday is shared with Dylan's birthday!!!! COOOOOOL!

A Captured Reflection said...

Happy blog birthday. I soooo enjoy your blogging :-)

Brigitte said...

WOW thank you everyone!! Goid bless and keep you all. Thank you for all my "Birthday" Wishes. I feel very special!!

mwa!!

mwa!!

:*

Brigitte said...

Oh my word - I mean GOD bless - sorry bot that horrible spelling error! LOL!!!

Diane Viere said...

Happy! Happy Blog-birthday!

Diane