Monday, January 14, 2008

OK. SO, PLANS FOR THE NEW YEAR...

Hmmm, where to start?

 

Ok, so far I have a 21st, a Fast and of course my birthday coming up (which is not the 21st. JA, I know you all though I was still 20 – but I’m not. Sorry to burst that beautiful bubble.)

 

I am MORE excited about my birthday though than anything else. I have planned a proper English Tea Party. An Elegant, Victorian Tea Party. It is going to be LOVELY!!  With all the trimmings. It will be a ladies only event of course – and I have a little surprise planned for the Ladies (24 of us) who will be there. But I cannot reveal any more than that it will be ruined. I just know it is going to be a very blessed and special day for ALL of us.

I have been wondering what I could do for my birthday that would be really special and really different. I am not I the mood for a Braai (which is a Barbeque for those not accustomed to S.A lingo) and I don’t just want to do something casual like I always do. And so I had brainwave! A Tea Party!! My husband and my boys think it is the most girly silly thing to do – but then they are men after all, what would they know or understand about a girly, lacy, pink, flowery tra la la Tea Party?

 

The theme is Elegance and so is the “dress code” so we all have a chance to put on our prettiest and frilliest and sit sipping Five Roses tea or coffee out of dainty tea cups and nibbling (cause that’s what ladies do – we don’t eat, we nibble) on dainty Petit Fours and other delicious treats.

 

{Sigh} I can’t wait, I can’t wait, I CANNOT wait!! I have put a lot of thought and planning into the whole event.

 

But 1st things 1st:

1) A fast

2) A 21st  

 

Chat soon

 

Thank you Julie, Bunny and Angel for your comments!!

 

Love you lots!

 

MMMMMMMMMwa!!!!

 

3 comments:

AngelConradie said...

i'm glad to see you posting more often sis, i hope you can keep this up without real life interfering too much!

Unknown said...

Lovely to see you back. The birthday party sounds wonderful. I've been having girls only get-togethers recently and they are fun ... nice, different energy. If I was there, I would sommer just rock up - invitation or not! :) I too wish you all and many good things this year. Love you. xxx

Shari said...

Well that tea party sounds like it's going to be a really big shing dig. You'll have to take and post pictures so we can see, too.