Thursday, August 02, 2007

GOD USES EVERY SITUATION TO HIS GLORY

I think most of you know that my husband is not saved right? Well that said when I began praying for him I set off (unknowingly) on a journey of learning and growth. And I can tell you that I have truly learned so very much about myself that I never would have imagined.

When I started praying, I imagined God would be reckoning with my husband about himself, but instead He has been reckoning with me and gently teaching me how to pray correctly for my husband. How to be submissive and obedient to my husband and how to show him the respect and love he deserves as my husband.

But the most amazing thing that is starting to show in my life through what I have learned on my journey is that God is using what I have learned through him to help other women who are “spiritually unequal” (Thanks Lynn – I love the way you put it on your blog title). I just spent about 20 minutes sharing and talking to a young girl whose husband is not saved, and simply sharing the things I have learned over the years with her. It was the most amazing time and after I shared that famous verse in 1 Peter 3 about how we as wives will win our unbelieving husbands over for Christ by how we live and without opening our mouths, she asked me does she do that? How does she live out that verse? And all I could tell her was ask God to show you. And she flung her arms around my neck and gave me such a hug, that I was almost moved to tears (again). I managed to control my tears and shared a little more with her – but I know I have imparted something to her that will remain in her heart. And THAT is what makes everything I have learned, every tear every prayer and every hurt so worth while.

God is taking my life and using me as an example and I feel so honored and so blessed to be used by him in such a way. And I give Him all the glory for the wonderful things He is doing in my life!

Thank you Jesus

6 comments:

AngelConradie said...

thats fantastic sis- for god and for her!

Anonymous said...

Wow *gulp*

I sure hope I told you this early on..... "Remember, God will take this and make something good from it. If I did not say it, the spirit said it.

Oh, Brig.... to see the changes in your life in the last several months is nothing short of a miracle..... Do you get this..... God gave you a miracle. The battle is not over but you know who wins the war. WE DO.

God bless you. I love you so much. me

A Captured Reflection said...

I love the way God uses things. I remember my Mum becoming a Christian and praying for my very anti God Dad for 14 years before he had a turn around. She was a strong witness of faithful prayer and perserverence and that affected me. I'm thinking of getting Debi Pearl's book "Created to be his HelpMeet" apparently it has some really good stuff and Godly advice on 'wifeliness' for husbands.

I was feeling a bit blah about my relationship with my Mum in law last night, she keeps everyone at arm's length and is not a "mum' kind of figure and I wondered if she would ever change - you know what reply I heard from God "Why don't you change?". Okay, that does make sense...so different to the ways of the world aye?

I pray that God breaks through with your husband, I pray that he does something that with man would be impossible, but with God is totally possible and amazing.

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

How wonderful that God uses us even in the painful circumstances. Keep believing, girl!

Masked Rabbit said...

This is encouraging for me, you have no idea!!

Ally said...

I am glad to be able to be back and pay you a visit...What wonderful news... all that the Lord is doing and has done in you. Even though it has been hard and painful, now you are beginning to see some fruit just in passing your experience on. That is precious. Please drop by and visit me some time