Monday, August 13, 2007

A HEART ABLAZE

My heart is burning with the desire to know God more. I have experienced His grace in the recent months that has awoken in me a longing after Him and a thirst and a want that cannot be sated – even by Him. I have discovered a well of longing in me that will never be filled and will leave me always seeing more of Him. There is deep crying out to deep that only another longing heart will understand.
He showed me His amazing grace and never in all the years of being a Christian have I experienced such a longing in my soul. It is so difficult to put into words what my heart is feeling. I hope I can get it across in this post.

Psalm 42: 1 ... As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you, O God.
I now can understand the heartfelt yearnings and songs and poems of David. He put into words his longing to know God better. I want to go deeper into His word, to peal away the layers and unfold the mysteries and promises “hidden” there.

I feel like I have found a new love, like I am falling in love for the first time, I want to spend every hour of the day with Him – and every opportunity I have I spend it with Him. He fulfills my desire, my deepest longing.

I pray that your desire for God and for a deeper and real relationship with Him will be awakened in your heart. I pray that you will remember the sweetness of the day you were saved and how natural it was to pursue the lover of your soul.

A.W Tozer said this in his book “The Pursuit of God”
…before a man can seek God, God must first have sought the man…
… there must have been a work of enlightenment done within him; imperfect it may be, but a true work nonetheless, and the secret cause of all desiring and seeking and praying which may follow. We pursue God because, and only because, He has first put an urge within us that spurs us to the pursuit.


We love Him only because He has loved us first. It is not a legalistic thing of spending “so many” minutes / hours a day with Him, or a rigid schedule of prayer and Bible reading, no. It is being in His presence whether you pray or not and whether you read your Bible or not. Just being in His presence will enlighten (open) the eyes of your heart and He will reveal His heart and secrets to you in that place. I pray that God sets your hearts ablaze too, that you can experience His heart as I have been

This is a prayer for you, also from Tozers book:

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, the Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, 'Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.' Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wandered so long. In Jesus' name, Amen.

4 comments:

AngelConradie said...

hoooowow... i'm speechless!

gail said...

What a great work God has been doing in your life Brigitte.
This is the chorus of my mum's favourite song . It seems apt-
"The well is deep and I require a draught of the water of life.
And none can quench my soul's desire,
For the draught of the water of life.
Till One draws near who my cry will heed,
Helper of men in their time of need.
And I,
believing,
find indeed,
that Christ is the Water of Life"

Ally said...

Wow I just really loved this post Brigitte...I am inspired and ashamed all at once... I want to long like you....thanks for sharing

John G. Williams said...

hello, how are you. I hope you remember me, we met long ago, before I laid the foundation of the world. Before I flung Plaides into the void. I was there when your mother brought you forth and I have been a witness to every beat of your heart. I have felt your discouragements and been there to hold your hand during your deepest fears. I have wiped your tears with my garment of praise and lifted your heart with the song of the redeemed. Do not faint, oh child of mine and do not become weary in your labors. Drink deeply of the water of life. I am the end of all your longing and the reward for your patience. I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. Take My yoke upon you. God bless you. manonfire0857@yahoo.com "you shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost and with FIRE."