Thursday, August 16, 2007

MY HOPE

I realized this morning, that I am putting my hope in events and times and places and people instead of in the Lord. In some things I have placed my hope in Him – but in one big thing I have only half placed my hope in Him. I am waiting for something to happen. Praying and trusting and hoping for something to happen – but instead of placing all my hope in Him I have placed some of it in the day that this event will take place. And I know the time for it is near so I hope ever more on that day – yet this is such a futile and fruitless thing to do.

Isa 40:31: but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength; they will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (NIV)
Here it is clearly stated. If I hope in Him for this event I will not grow weary and doubtful that it will ever happen. As difficult as this is, I will make start from now to place my Hope in Him alone and not in the actual event.

Thank you Dineen for this lesson. I didn't see it at first, but I get it now.

MY HOPE (Hillsong)
You are righteous, you love justice
And those who honor You will see Your face
I will arise, and lift my eyes to see
Your majesty, Your holiness.
All I am will bless You

My hope is in the name of the Lord
Where my help comes from
You’re my strength my song
My trust is in the name of the Lord
I will sing Your praise
You are faithful

10 comments:

AngelConradie said...

you've had quite a week haven't you!

Julie said...

Lovely...

Soul Reflections said...

"Hope deferred makes the heart
sick" God is hope. Never give up. Love,

Unknown said...

Sending you love and good thoughts always. Thinking of you lots these days. xxoo

Kelly said...

It is very easy to loose track of where we put our hope in.

Masked Rabbit said...

Hey honey, hope all is well with you. Been thinking about you and hoping you are okay.

A Captured Reflection said...

Hey there, had you on my mind, especially reading a good friend's new blog - she is South African but lives in Scotland, and it was lovely to hear her share about the 'flavour' of SA, so I thought of you!

How are you?

A Captured Reflection said...

Please remember Gail (Blue) in your prayers. Her Mum has just passed away.

Ally said...

Hey there... just wanted to let you know you have been tagged...check out my blog..

Tiffany said...

Thanks for sharing that...I've been putting my hope in one particular person, instead of God and that's been eating away at my peace. Thanks for the reminder!