Monday, May 21, 2007

HE IS ALWAYS FAITHFUL



Once again I was dragged before the image of myself and I was shown again that I am clothed in filthy rags...

Last weekend a group of ladies from my church and other relating churches got together for a wonderful weekend called “Cherish, You are remarkable” and I received such clear confirmation from the Lord there about my future and I was so excited and so moved by it all that I didn’t even realize that I was allowing myself to be attacked.

Some stuff happened on Sunday and I immediately allowed my mind and my heart to stand wide open to attack – for a whole week this went on. Right up until Thursday evening. And even then I didn’t realize that I was being attacked. Then yesterday God showed me and He said that if anyone is a threat to my happiness it was ME!!

Me without faith is deadly.

I hope this makes sense, but basically He took what I was seeing as the problem and turned it right over so that the spotlight fell on me and I could see I was the problem.

You see I have asked for His protection of my family and my husband and I have given my children and my husband and my family and my marriage over into His hands – but did I trust Him to do what I had asked? Hmpf! No way!! I freaked out and panicked and left my heart and my mind completely unprotected and open to a huge spiritual attack.

You see fear is the dark room where negativity is developed. And I was completely overcome with fear and confusion. It was so silly actually, but I let it happen because of my lack of faith. And last night I had to ask God to forgive me for not believing in Him. And for forgetting that He will not allow any harm to come to me or any of my family.

How human we are, how insignificant and silly we are. Thank God that when we have no faith He remains faithful – eternally.
Father Your word says that I have not been given a spirit of fear but a Spirit of Power. Teach me Lord how to keep walking in Your light and with You. For it is only in You that I can overcome ALL things. Keep my mind sharp Lord. Give me wisdom and discernment to know when I am facing a full on attack from the enemy so that I can call on you in those times and not sink into a hole of fear and darkness and confusion. I never want to be blind sided like that again Lord. I want to be always aware and ready to raise up my shield and ward off any attack that the enemy may bring.

Thank you for never leaving me when my faith was weak. Thank you for showing me the truth Lord and help me Lord to never forget what I have learned here today.

9 comments:

AngelConradie said...

wonderful post sis- and truly wonderful that you realised what was going on... i thought you looked happier on saturday than you had been on wednesday!

A Captured Reflection said...

"You see fear is the dark room where negativity is developed." That is a very powerful but true statement. I am thinking upon that now. Yes, it is too easy to be blindsided and be in the process of attack before we realise it.

Thanks for sharing :-)

Soul Reflections said...

Great life lesson!

Masked Rabbit said...

Ah, that old chestnut of believing God when we pray for something for our loved ones but not 100% sure. Yup, been there, got the t-shirt. Point very well made through experience. You have no idea how closely this resembles me in this area so I take heart from your post, dear one.

pdiddy said...

I sometimes have trouble trusting God will deliver. I am glad God showed you His faithfulness.

A Captured Reflection said...

I love your updated blog look - just stunning. Have you written any of your poetry for a while?

gail said...

What a great prayer Spookie. And lets remember to give all glory to Him for never leaving us and getting us through any attack or circumstance.

Kelly said...

Great post! I love the Hebrew 13 verse. What a great thing to remember.

Tina said...

Do you know the song "Faithful One" by Brian Doerksen? I posted it today and thought actually you'd like it, too...