Wednesday, December 06, 2006

HAVE I BEEN TO BUSY?

Sadly, the answer is yes. Too busy to meet with my Lord, too busy to hear His voice. Too preoccupied to sense His gentle nudges. I have been too busy for the One most important person in my life. I have filled my heart and my mind with all that is worldly and flesh. I have concentrated firmly on me. I have allowed my emotions and my flesh to get the better of me and I feel like I am floundering in the dark.

But as I read Kim and Gail's blogs I have realized that I need to empty myself and my life of everything that is not of Jesus so I can again be filled with Jesus. I long to feel his closeness again and hear Him whispering to my heart. I need to be empty to be full.

I am coming back into His light that chases away all the darkness. Back into His peace that passes understanding. Back into His love that completely enfolds.

Thank you Kim and Gail for your honesty in your blogs – for because I was deaf and blind to what God was trying to tell me He used your words to reach me – and I am humbled and thankful.

I serve a mighty, loving all forgiving Father. And even though I sometimes go astray He is the Shepherd who will leave his flock to come and find me.


3 comments:

Kelly said...

I think it's sometimes hard to live in the moment and therefore it can be easy to not make time for the things that are most important.

AngelConradie said...

ag my sweet sis- what would i do without you to take my blinkers off on a regular basis!

Brigitte said...

Kelly - Hi. Welcome!! That is true, but if I think about Jesus going to the cross and dying for me, I should be able to make the time for Him too.

Angel - I love you too!!